Honestly, i'm not even sure what i'm asking...

I was thinking about a thread I was reading the other day where a poster was talking about how they hadn't been in a few years, and even though they love WDW, they weren't sure when they were coming back. And it wasn't really a money issue. It was an apathy issue.

I've been going to WDW for 14 years. I just got back from a short trip last weekend. We're going back for 8 days in September, and already are planning to return in the fall of 2016 with some friends, and we're possibly heading down in February to see my daughter perform in her marching band when they go down for a workshop. I'm still excited when we go, even though I've done everything more than once. I've probably ridden on Haunted Mansion 50 times, at least, and I'm still excited to do it.

But at what point do you stop? Many posters on here are upset with Park management for concentrating on what they think are the wrong issues, creating interactive queues when they should be creating new attractions (in their opinions). Many have stated that Universal is/has surpassed Disney in innovation for all that they have done with Harry Potter, Transformers, Jurassic Park, and now the Nintendo deal, while at the same time dismissing Disney's partnership with James Cameron and Avatarland. We know that Disney bought Marvel and Lucasfilm, and so has HUGE (I cannot possibly make those capital letters big enough) potential to knock it out of the park, if only they'll spend the $$$ to do so. There has been a lot of people here in Intercot that have expressed displeasure at the directions the parks have taken....half finished parks, renovations changed due to budget cuts, a loss in vacation dollar value through extra admission prices for special events and the raising of regular prices, whole buildings and areas of parks empty or shut down with no definite plans for future use, etc. So, not a few people have decided that while they love Disney and all of the memories, they've had enough.

I haven't had enough...yet. Honestly, I can see the day when I tell my wife, "You know what? Let's skip Disney this year and go see (insert National Park here)." Or maybe we save up and go to Europe and be tourists. Or Hawaii. I've never been to Hawaii. Or take a train across Canada (as Martin Short would have us do). It's a big world out there, and no matter how cool Epcot is, maybe i'd just rather go visit the beaches of Mexico on vacation.

But not quite yet.