Quantcast First time to DL in June. Can you look over my plan??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time to DL in June. Can you look over my plan??

I've been going to WDW for years now, but never to DLR. So I know to plan to get there early, and how the fastpass system works as well. I'm going on Sat, June 13. This will be an all adult trip, and no kids. According to Touringplans it will be a 6/10 for both parks, which doesn't seem to bad for a summer weekend.
    I plan on starting over at DCA, and being there for rope drop. So my first question is should I try to go and get a Fastpass for Radiator Springs, or just go ahead and try to ride it either in the normal queue, or single rider line, we don't care if we get split up on the ride. After riding Radiator Springs, we are going to get fastpasses for WOC.
    We then plan on doing Toy Story Mania, Cali Screaming, Grizzly River Run, Soarin', and TOT.
    Hopefully we can get all of this done around lunch time, and head over to DL.
    At DL, touringplans says to get a fastpass for Big Thunder mt. first, but I think we should grab one for Splash mt. first.
    We will then do pirates, and grab a fastpass for Indiana Jones, and go do Finding Nemo, fastpass for Space Mt., do Buzz Lightyear, go back and ride Indy, haunted Mansion, back to tomorrowland for Star Tours, Matterhorn, Cafe Orleans for dinner, small world, fast pass for Roger Rabbit, ride Space Mt., and finish up at Roger Rabbit.
    We'll then go back to DCA for WOC, and then back to DL, for either/both Paint the Night and DL forever.
    I know this is a lot for one day, and we might actually get a little bit of time the Friday night before. Do you think all of this is possible or not?
    Anything you would change, maybe not worry about, or something that I have to see that I'm missing?
    Thanks for all of your suggestions!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Really no one. Dang, must be a perfect plan!

Post Thanks / Like

Your plan is not perfect, but it's darn close!

Plan to be at the gates ONE HOUR before the parks open. That will be 8am on a Saturday so be there by 7am. Trust me, the lines to get into the parks get LONG. I would not trust that you will experience level 6 crowds. Saturdays are usually packed, year round.

First, at DCA, head straight to RSR and ride single rider. The line should be fairly short at that point. Almost every other ride you listed at DCA also offers single rider. I might suggest getting a FP for Grizzly River Run, as the line can be very long in the summer months. World of Color fastoasses are separate from ride ones so you can get them concurrently.

Splash Mt is a single rider and Big Thunder is not. Get the FP for Big Thunder and do stand by or single rider for Splash. Indiana Jones also offers Single Rider most of the time. If the line is over 60 minutes they usually won't offer it. Definitely FP Space.

In would not miss the following attractions:
    Peter Pan
    Alice in Wonderland
    It's a Small World
    The Walt Disney World Railroad
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    Pinnochios Daring Journey

All of these are unique to DL or different from the WDW versions, with the DL versions being better!

At DCA try to do the Monsters Inc ride. It's cute and unique. Also, the Silly Symphony Swings and Golden Zephyr are loads of fun, especially at night. If you have time before they close those rides for WOC, go on them. And if you are daring, ride Mickey's Fun Wheel in a swinging gondola!

Other than that, you seem to have a good plan in place. Park hours should be 8am-12am. That is plenty of time to do it all and then some. Just plan to drink lots of caffeine to keep you going! Sounds like a great day to me!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and I am going to suggest you skip the Nemo Subs. The ride is VERY long and excessively underwhelming. A better use of your time would be to hop on the monorail in Tomorrowland for the round trip ride to Downtown Disney and back. You won't have to get off the monorail at DtD. It is considered a Tomorrowland attraction and you can ride it all the way around.

The monorails are neat, and very different from the WDW ones.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

In would not miss the following attractions:
    Peter Pan
    Alice in Wonderland
    It's a Small World
    The Walt Disney World Railroad
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    Pinnochios Daring Journey

All of these are unique to DL or different from the WDW versions, with the DL versions being better!

At DCA try to do the Monsters Inc ride. It's cute and unique. Also, the Silly Symphony Swings and Golden Zephyr are loads of fun, especially at night. If you have time before they close those rides for WOC, go on them. And if you are daring, ride Mickey's Fun Wheel in a swinging gondola!
    Peter Pan will be closed for the time we will be there, and I hadn't really looked at those other in fantasyland. I'll see what I can manage! Thanks for you insight!
    I'm starting to see on other sites that WOC:C is underwhelming, and probably can be skipped, to see DL forever and paint the night. Any insight on that?

Thanks for all your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum2100 View Post
    Peter Pan will be closed for the time we will be there, and I hadn't really looked at those other in fantasyland. I'll see what I can manage! Thanks for you insight!
    I'm starting to see on other sites that WOC:C is underwhelming, and probably can be skipped, to see DL forever and paint the night. Any insight on that?

Thanks for all your help!
    If you can only see one nighttime show, definitely do Paint the Night and the fireworks. No contest. Now, I haven't seen either one, but just based on past parades and fireworks shows...and this one looks jaw dropping.

I have attended World of Color 3 times now. I still haven't seen it. I am short. I always have tall people in front of me. It is a frustrating experience. I kind of hate WoC for that reason. You waste a LOT of time waiting around for the show, and they you can't even see it.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum2100 View Post
    I definitely wouldn't describe World of Color as underwhelming, but viewing it can be frustrating, at times. If you do decide to do it, I'd highly recommend a dining package so you can be in a special viewing area. I think it's worth seeing at least once.

Paint the Night and the Forever fireworks look absolutely amazing, so I'd definitely plan on doing that. Disneyland fireworks are always a must see, and definitely a step above anything WDW does.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Nat! Replying at the same time, and basically the same ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I have attended World of Color 3 times now. I still haven't seen it. I am short. I always have tall people in front of me. It is a frustrating experience. I kind of hate WoC for that reason. You waste a LOT of time waiting around for the show, and they you can't even see it.
    I only attempted to see it once and this was my exact experience. In fact, I was so frustrated I left early. I had a much better view after leaving the "FP" area and heading toward the park exit. Based on this I can't recommend a FP for this event because it certainly didn't benefit me.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: