Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
That was exactly what I did. I took my sister to WDW last April/May and then went to DL (solo) in December for the 60th.

I am considering a WDW trip this year, but with 1/3 of DHS closed/under destruction/construction and a good portion of AK (Avatarland) still incomplete, as well as the little closures/rehabs/etc. at the other two parks, it is difficult to "pull the trigger" and schedule another trip. For the costs involved, even going solo, seeing so much of the parks with construction walls/scrims/etc. just doesn't play well.
If that's the case, then what you have is Disney competing with itself.

A lot of people love the idea of DLR and WDW being different than each other. Me personally, I was upset at the time that DLR was getting Carsland while WDW wasn't.

The argument people made was this would make people want to go to DLR instead of going to WDW. So now when you have 2 parks in the same country, yes even though they are a long ways away, you're now competing with each other.

When you let one get stale, why not jump on a plane and head west for the new stuff?

There are so many things pointing to why WDW's attendance has declined its not even funny.

Its been neglected for so long, yet because the consumer has allowed them, they've used it as a cash cow to prop up the construction of other parks.