Quote Originally Posted by akaDisneyDreamer View Post
I recently cancelled a much needed trip to WDW due to severe back pain. However not going to go to Disney ever again is not an option! I'm probably going to have to use a scooter on the next trip. My fear is, how do you maneuver thorough the crowds? I'm so afraid of running into someone. How do you watch the fireworks or go shopping? Do you go through the normal lines to get on a ride or see a show? Or do you park it and try to walk through the lines with everyone else? Obviously I've not paid much attention to others using scooters. Thanks for any advice you can offer
As far as maneuvering through crowds, I keep one hand on the speed control (turtle/rabbit dial) at all times. It's amazing how many people walk without looking in front of them. People walking while looking down at their cell phone (or maybe texting), people walking or even running forward while looking in back of them for the rest of their family. And even though I stop, I've had people almost walk right into my scooter. Almost all the souvenir shops have great, wide aisle, so shopping's easy. I've done both-riding my scooter thru lines, and getting off and walking with my cane.
By the way, I also have a very bad back, and resisted a scooter for years. Now that I've finally given in and use one, I wondered "What took me so long?"