The SmokeHouse - really liked this place. Good apps, tasty mains. Not super cheap but you could almost feast on apps and drinks. Huge portions.
There is better BBQ on the island - Bullies & One Hot Mama's. This one is not clean. The last time I ate there it had so many flies, and the most recent health rating was a C before the revisit. For the price, find something better. Just my opinion.

Dry Dock - Used to be a locals place but moved to more visible location. Has a less expensive lunch menu. Fish and chips (while not standard beer batter) are very good. Reasonable prices.
The quality has gone downhill since they moved. The parking lot is too dark, and for the price, there's better seafood elsewhere. I wanted to like this, as it's really close to our house - so close we could ride our bikes. But I didn't care for it.

Stacks - must do for breakfast. Crème Brule French toast. Bananas foster French toast. Low country crepes. Great diner.
Better than the HHI Diner, that's for sure. There's still a breakfast buffet, correct? We haven't visited in a couple of years. Great French toast - I agree with that!

Pizza - Local Pie is good if you like coal fired pizza. If you are looking for NY style, try New York City Pizza, Fat Baby's or Giuseppe's. Mellow Mushroom is also good but a chain.
Doughboy's is great, too. Fat Baby's or Giuseppe's is good if you want somewhere to sit down, and I believe if you're staying at Disney HHI you can get a discount at Giuseppe's when you show your keycard from the resort.

Hudsons - more expensive (and next to Skull Creek) but great views and a new deck there just opened overlooking the water.
Best gumbo around!

There is an AMAZING French pastry shop with coffee and goodies there. Highly recommend stopping in for breakfast or dessert there.
Just tried that today for the first time. Spent $40 on stuff to eat there and to take home. It was so good. Another great local bakery is the French Bakery near Kroger at Shelter Cove. They serve a fantastic breakfast & lunch - open from 7 am until 4 pm M-F and 8 to 3 on Sundays. Grab a pastry & go sit on a bench next to the marsh.

For burgers I highly recommend CharBar on Office Park Rd & for seafood & Caribbean fare, try my all time fave HHI restaurant, Marley's Grill, nearby. If it's on the menu, order the Coconut Curry Seafood Bowl. You will not be disappointed. It's a good thing it's not on the menu every day, or I might have to eat there 7 nights a week!

If you want large portions for decent prices and don't mind dining in a "dive", don't skip Sea Shack. It's a hole in the wall, but the portions are decent (you can easily share a Shack Attack) and the food is delicious. Stick with the broiled platter if you don't like a lot of grease with your seafood, and don't skip the sweet potato cornbread or Conch Fritters. Be ready to order before you enter, too. The guy likes to keep you moving. Try to go before noon, as a line does form during busier times. Call to make sure they're open if you're visiting during the off season. They cut back their hours when the island is emptier.