Quantcast Flight of passage ride?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flight of passage ride?

Does this ride go up in the air? Would you recommend it to someone who does not like heights? What about someone who is prone to motion sickness? 😬
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The ride vehicle does not go up in the air... It is stationary... Unlike Soarin... However, the sensation of flight, diving down into valleys, caves, may not be good for someone with motion sickness... And in the video, you get a sensation of being high up....

Do you ride Soarin??
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

No I don’t like Soarin die to the heights. My daughter gets motion sickness but does ok on Soarin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flights of Passage

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    Does this ride go up in the air? Would you recommend it to someone who does not like heights? What about someone who is prone to motion sickness? 😬
    The ride does not actually move but it is a super realistic recreation of riding on the back of a huge bird creature that soars and dives (sometimes straight down). The operative word here is "Flights". If you get motion sickness and are afraid of heights, I would not recommend this ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

I get extremely motion sick, but do fine on Flight of Passage if I take a full dose Bonine.

Star Tours is about the only attraction that still gets to me even if I am on Bonine.

Fear of heights is another issue and would likely not be a great ride. The queue itself is pretty neat, I suspect as with most Disney rides you could go through the queue to a point and then out an early exit.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    The queue itself is pretty neat, I suspect as with most Disney rides you could go through the queue to a point and then out an early exit.
    Yes, I wimped out at actually riding it. In my case, I went through the pre-shows, and then just told the CM that I didn't want to ride, and they walked me through the room to a bench where I waited. Super easy!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

8. Thanks Figment! thanked for this post
    Likes Figment! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am afraid of heights. I won't go near second story rails, go up glass elevators, keep the window closed on airplanes, etc. I feel very secure on FoP. I don't like going on Soarin'. I do it, because my kids like it though. I liked FoP. I feel very secure in the ride vehicle. It is easy to look around and see the floor, people, etc right beside you.
    DDIL#2 has pretty bad motion sickness - has trouble in long car rides, can't go on a lot of fair rides, etc. She rode FoP without any problems. I don't think she even took Dramamine, but I can't swear to that point.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Simulator rides are typically hard for my husband but, overall, he has done fine on Flight of Passage though he did say one ride made him feel a little "funny".

During the ride, you are made to feel that you are flying on the back of a creature which swoops, rises and dives. This might be a problem for folks who don't like heights.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I rode it on my last trip, I do not do well on simulator rides. I took a dose of Dramamine prior to the ride. One thing that I did and nobody has mentioned yet was to close my eyes during the intense drops. The actual motion is very minor. I came through fine, but not sure that I would ride it again.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ok on Soarin' and can even sit on the aisle of an airplane without Bonine/Dram but get motion sick on Star Tours and was defeated by Body Wars. My wife said FOP would be fine because of the limited motion and high quality graphics. Negative ghost rider. Within a minute or so I was sweating, closing my eyes, cursing my lovely beloved wife, and praying I could stay together until the flight passed. I will go sailing no more.
    "Just a dream away"

Number of visits:
    Lost count a long time ago!

13. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHog View Post
    I'm ok on Soarin' and can even sit on the aisle of an airplane without Bonine/Dram but get motion sick on Star Tours and was defeated by Body Wars. My wife said FOP would be fine because of the limited motion and high quality graphics. Negative ghost rider. Within a minute or so I was sweating, closing my eyes, cursing my lovely beloved wife, and praying I could stay together until the flight passed. I will go sailing no more.
    What about the disney buses back in the day?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I have ridden it twice now and won't ever ride it again. Simulators make me feel weird and a little sick feeling. I tend to get a migraine an hour or two after riding them so I am out. They simply do not trick my brain. The video is playing, the ride vehicle is moving but my brain is saying what in the world are you doing...this thing isn't really moving and I start feeling weird. I wish they would stop with all this simulator/virtual reality stuff because it is definitely not close to reality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I have ridden it twice now and won't ever ride it again. Simulators make me feel weird and a little sick feeling. I tend to get a migraine an hour or two after riding them so I am out. They simply do not trick my brain. The video is playing, the ride vehicle is moving but my brain is saying what in the world are you doing...this thing isn't really moving and I start feeling weird. I wish they would stop with all this simulator/virtual reality stuff because it is definitely not close to reality.
    Glad its not just me! I don't see 3D movies well, usually blurry esp when it's fast motion and don't close my eyes in time ( think Be Our Guest in Mickey's Philamagic ) and I feel really sick and headachy afterwards. I wish they'd stop with it too as it limits what I can ride.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

I am extremely scared of heights. Oddly, I love Soarin and Flights of Passage. If I get nervous I close my eyes. I have never nor will I ever do Tower of Terror. The whole dropping thing would give me a heart attack.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm terrified of heights, and was able to ride this better than Soarin. As long as my feet are planted on the ground and I know I'm not really moving, I'm good.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: