I woke up to find out my younger sister was packed and ready to go. I hadn't had a chance to see my older sister other than a short while at Disneyland, and I had only spent a few minutes with my brother while he showed us to our rooms the night before. My older sister had offered to get me a rental car to drive my dad to California in. (That was how this whole thing got started.) I don't use credit cards, so I couldn't get a rental car on my own. I called her up and asked if the offer was still good. Since it was a holiday weekend, we couldn't get a car until the next day. It worked out perfectly.

My older sister, brother-in-law, niece and my sister's new grandbaby arrived to take me out to lunch at Old Town. We had a great time. The little one enjoyed his very first outing also. He was a good baby and only cried one time when he was hungry.

My sister and I stopped at a couple of places to look to see if we wanted to hold my mom's 80th birthday there. I really liked the Bali Hai. Then we went back to my sister's house, so that I could see their new german shepherd puppy. She is adorable.

They dropped me off at my brother's house in the later afternoon. He and I watched the 49ers vs Seahawks game. What a nailbiter that was.

The next morning, my brother in law picked me up and took me to the car rental place. I had a wonderful drive home with the windows down and the music up. I need to take more road trips.