Quantcast How are they handling crowds/social distancing at Disney Springs?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How are they handling crowds/social distancing at Disney Springs?

We have a trip planned to Walt Disney World in December (which we may cancel), but my main worry is Disney Springs. At the parks, they can control crowds through Park Reservations/tickets/etc. But at Disney Springs? Is it packed? Are they enforcing the mask requirements? Are they controlling crowds in the stores?

What is it like there?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been to Disney Springs a few times in the last several months - for short periods of time - mostly mid-week and mid-afternoon. During the times we were there, we drove and parked in the garage. The first time we went, only one garage was open and all traffic was directed to that garage. I would imagine they could close all the garages/parking lots if Disney Springs reaches capacity. Everyone coming through the garage had their temperature taken as they entered. There were quite a few people walking around and people seated at dining locations. Almost everyone we saw was wearing a mask though some were "fudging" it a little bit. I understand they do have people walking around to enforce the mask mandate though I'm not sure we saw any of those folks. We had no trouble entering any of the shops we were interested in visiting and, while people were there, we were able to move around freely. A few times, we stopped and waited while we thought someone was getting too close to us or went in a different direction but, overall, we did not have any issues. The do have some store doors marked as entrance only and other marked as exit only. It's possible they will make people stand in line outside the shop doors if any of the stores have too many people inside.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that there have been a few times when DS has reached "capacity" and didn't allow some guests to enter. That included resort guests! My suggestion would be to go during the day before parks close and before those people go in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last Friday night (November 27th). It was Covid Central; huge crowd, little to no social distancing. Everyone was wearing a mask, however. We felt very uneasy and left after a short time.
    Disneyland 91
    Caribbean Beach 02
    Aulani 23
    ASMu 03
    ASSp 04 05 06 07 15 16 17
    Boardwalk 22
    POP 04 05 06 08 09 10 11 13 14 15 20 21 22
    Kidani Village 18
    Grand Floridian 18
    Polynesian 19 23
    Saratoga Springs 20
    Old Key West 20
    Wonder 08 10 12 17 18 19
    Magic 22
    Dream 13
    Fantasy 15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celakip View Post
    We were there last Friday night (November 27th). It was Covid Central; huge crowd, little to no social distancing. Everyone was wearing a mask, however. We felt very uneasy and left after a short time.
    This is not very good, because it is very easy to catch the coronavirus. I really hope to get vaccinated. Because the negligence of Disneyland employees is not encouraging. It is difficult to demand from people of high consciousness, but the activities of organizations are regulated by legislation. And organizations are obliged to observe and regulate this on their territory.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: