Quantcast It is COLD in Florida!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default It is COLD in Florida!

Well, at least there is sunshine! Left Oregon for "warmer" weather and yesterday was colder here than at home! Either way it is wonderful to be here!

Rise of the Resistance is awesome! Could do without the plexiglass but so grateful we got to ride it! Had a great cast member who interrogated us!

Anyone else planning on being here? We leave the 16th. John you should come down for a quick trip!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The weather should be back in the 80’s by Saturday. I was at Magic Kingdom this morning. Maybe Epcot on Monday.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We are at OKW and doing DHS tomorrow, MK Friday, Disney Springs on Saturday, Epcot on Sunday. Then moving to the Riviera for our last two days.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool From My Perspective...

I always chuckle when I hear Floridians complain about the cold weather. Any temp below 50F and it's "too cold" to do anything. Hey, come spend a winter here in MI - 4 to 5 MONTHS of temps below 50F, as well as the normal winter stuff - snow, ice, sub-zero wind chills (and sometimes actual temps!), car frozen to the driveway, mounds of cleared snow higher than a house, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love this state & all the great seasons we have here, but that stretch between Jan. 2nd & April I could hibernate through. Tried a mid-winter break in FL one year & it was great! - until I had to return to MI & deal with the winter climate again. I remember returning from that trip to the aftermath of a 9" snowfall the previous day. The drive home from the airport was dicey at best, and when I reached my house there was a 2 foot drift covering my driveway. I couldn't even get my car off the street until I shoveled it out, thinking all the time that less than 12 hrs. previously I was sitting on Main Street in my shorts & t-shirt eating a Casey's dog in the 80 degree sun...

...or maybe it's just a perspective thing.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    I always chuckle when I hear Floridians complain about the cold weather. Any temp below 50F and it's "too cold" to do anything. Hey, come spend a winter here in MI - 4 to 5 MONTHS of temps below 50F, as well as the normal winter stuff - snow, ice, sub-zero wind chills (and sometimes actual temps!), car frozen to the driveway, mounds of cleared snow higher than a house, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love this state & all the great seasons we have here, but that stretch between Jan. 2nd & April I could hibernate through. Tried a mid-winter break in FL one year & it was great! - until I had to return to MI & deal with the winter climate again. I remember returning from that trip to the aftermath of a 9" snowfall the previous day. The drive home from the airport was dicey at best, and when I reached my house there was a 2 foot drift covering my driveway. I couldn't even get my car off the street until I shoveled it out, thinking all the time that less than 12 hrs. previously I was sitting on Main Street in my shorts & t-shirt eating a Casey's dog in the 80 degree sun...

Brad - this is why we moved - to escape all that stuff!!

So, when it's in the low 50's or 40's here in SC - we're like - where's the 60's and 70's!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

For the Oregonian who posted this, it was much colder than we expected. Monday was even colder than Sunday. Low in the 30s brief high of 52, wind and rain.
    However the rest of the trip was wonderful! Upper 70s to low 80s no humidity.

Over all a wonderful trip!

Sadly back to cold, wet dreary Oregon winter weather. But there is always the next trip to look forward to!

Post Thanks / Like

There's a reason people aren't flocking to live there. :P
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Or try Louisiana today: Year-to-date we have received over 60 inches of rain. Record broken and it's just July. Temperature now is 90 degrees and the heat index will be over 100 shortly. Humidity 75% and rising, chance of rain 50%, repeat that forecast until October. And don't get me started about the mosquitoes. But the food is great and have endured this paradise for 68 years. Y'all come see us and Laissez les bons temps rouler (Let The Good Times Roll)!
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

11. Likes baldburke liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: