Quantcast Covid vaccine

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Covid vaccine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Covid vaccine

I just had my second Moderna shot on Friday...

With the first one it started out with a sore arm. By late afternoon ( the following day)it got worse to the point I couldn’t move it. I got off work and by the time I got home I had the chills and was totally out of it. The next morning I woke up with a fever and the worse headache. Tylenol helped and was fine the next day.

With the second one I started on Tylenol as soon as I got home. During the night I got the chills. A lower grade fever and headache followed yesterday. No appetite, nauseous. Lost 5 pounds... yay.

Today (Sunday 2/14), still had a fever. Feeling much better though. Slowly starting to eat again. Working tomorrow so I hope I don’t have a fever or I won’t pass the temperature check.

Anyone else have side effects from the vaccine? Am I just one of the lucky ones... lol At least I’m done unless they recommend a booster.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't had it yet and really don't plan to get it till year end. I'll let other more at risk than me go first.

Did have the flu and shingles shot about 3 months or so back. The shingles shot got me sick both times... tired, had chills, ran a fever. By the next day was ok - but a bit worn out. And the injection site was pretty sore. I'm gonna stay away from doubling up on shots in the future, but even when I got my second shingles shot alone - a few weeks back - still got sick.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Ive had the first Moderna injection. My only side effect was a sore arm around the injection spot. This lasted 3 days.
    I hope the second goes as easy, however I have heard many folks saying the second shot brought much harsher side effects.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Those are pretty common side effects that my coworkers have experienced.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to normal. Went back to work yesterday. Made it through my shift. So glad I’m done with the vaccines and that I’ll be covered while working with the public.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    Back to normal. Went back to work yesterday. Made it through my shift. So glad I’m done with the vaccines and that I’ll be covered while working with the public.
    Just out of curiosity, have they told you how long the vaccine will last?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Just out of curiosity, have they told you how long the vaccine will last?
    No, but I’m sure they will require a booster at some point. I don’t think these are long term.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! Sorry to hear of your troubles. I haven't gotten the shot yet but wife and parents all got their first shots and had nominal side effects after the fact. Apparently this type of conversation is verboten on socials like FB. Thank God for Intercot!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

With the first one it started out with a sore arm. By late afternoon ( the following day)it got worse to the point I couldn’t move it. I got off work and by the time I got home I had the chills and was totally out of it. The next morning I woke up with a fever and the worse headache. Tylenol helped and was fine the next day.

With the second one I started on Tylenol as soon as I got home. During the night I got the chills. A lower grade fever and headache followed yesterday. No appetite, nauseous. Lost 5 pounds... yay.

Today (Sunday 2/14), still had a fever. Feeling much better though. Slowly starting to eat again. Working tomorrow so I hope I don’t have a fever or I won’t pass the temperature check.

Anyone else have side effects from the vaccine? Am I just one of the lucky ones... lol At least I’m done unless they recommend a booster.
    Well, I did have side effects, but not nearly as severe as you. DH and I had our first Moderna shot 1/7-NO side effects, except a little soreness at the injection site. Easier than a flu shot. Second shot we had a little-just enough to let us know it was doing what it was supposed to. About 24 hours after the shot, I got a low grade fever and fatigue. Lasted about 4 hours. DH got no side effects until a few hours after me, then he just felt super-tired and went to bed early with no appetite for dinner. The next morning he woke up early, hungry and after breakfast, he went golfing. What surprised us wasn't that we got side effects, but that, for us, nothing happened for almost 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Your vaccine side effects sound almost identical to my actual symptoms when I had Covid 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Your vaccine side effects sound almost identical to my actual symptoms when I had Covid 19.
    Wow... luckily it was a temporary reaction. With my respiratory problems I can’t imagine getting Covid. I’ve been hospitalized just for bronchitis.
    Marci

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: