Quantcast Beach Club Getaway - Park 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club Getaway - Park 2

The weather, this Monday, is worse than the day before. It's still unseasonably cold and, t6o add to the overcast, it's drizzling as well. It's a good thing I threw a couple of long sleeve shirts and jeans in my luggage as I had packed for the forecast I saw two days earlier which showed this day would top out in the mid to upper 70s instead of the 60s. So, today, I am wearing a long sleeve blouse over jeans as well as a scarf and a rain resistant jacket.

Before heading to the park, we get breakfast sandwiches and coffee from the Marketplace. The breakfast sandwich here is placed between hotcakes - not my favorite - but is provides fuel for the morning.

We have reservations for the Magic Kingdom on this day. Normally, we rely on Disney transportation whenever we stay at Disney but I've heard there are often long lines for buses since capacity on board is limited. We opt to drive over to the Transportation and Ticket Center. Since trams are still not running in the parking lots, we make the hike from the parking lot, have our temperatures checked, and walk through the security screening. Although we witnessed other people getting wanded at these checkpoints, we were able to walk through successfully without any issues. This is one thing that I like much better than the old system of having someone paw through your bag - very quick and easy.

From there, we head over to the ferry. The ferry is getting ready to depart and we are the last on board before they close the gate.

The park opened at 8 am. We were not ready to leave our room early enough to be there that early. It is about 9:30 when we enter the park. The wait for It's A Small World is around 40 minutes and the line begins over by the restrooms heading towards the Liberty Square area. We also manage to get on the Winnie the Pooh ride with a similar wait time. This time, the line starts around the corner over by the Teacups. The wait times for almost all the rides are 40 minutes or longer. There were a few shorter lines but they are for rides that we had done just a week or so before when we did a quick day trip over.

After we finish with Winnie, we head to get on line for the Haunted Mansion which is listed with a wait time of 35 minutes or so. Where is the end of the line? Oh, it's way down there by the Liberty Square Riverboat! I'm suddenly weary of the lines and the number of people in the parks.

We don't bother to get on line and, instead, head out of the park and back to our resort. Once there, we head back to Marketplace and get such lunch. My husband ordered a brownie with his lunch. We got back to the room and found the brownie was not included. After lunch, we went back to the Marketplace where they replaced the missing brownie and added an additional one because we had to go all the way back there. With those items in hand, we decided to walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery to see if they had anything we wanted for breakfast he next morning. We got a couple of things there and returned to our room.

I had been checking for dining options for dinner and found there was very little available until late in the evening or over at Disney Springs. After our visit to Disney Springs the day before, we did not want to return. A little later, a dinner time at Chefs De France opened up so we booked that.

When we left our room to walk over to Epcot, the clouds had broken up some and we could even see some sun. We were a bit early for our reservation so we wandered around the French pavilion and walked along the walkway which will lead to the Ratatouille ride when it opens later this year.

We were seated at a table that is normally part of Monsieur Paul's restaurant and were told they were using both floors in order to spread the diners out a bit more. Dinner was good - we both had beef dishes. I couldn't finish mine so brought it home with me.

Although the tub isn't jetted, I did take a tubby on this evening - just not the same without the jets.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Likes Jeff liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like it is exhausting to be in the parks with so many people around. I'm a couple of weeks away from my vaccination appointment, so still playing "people are lava", and it just sounds nerve-racking. Glad you're getting a few good things in - dinner sounds lovely.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: