Quantcast Guest Services Frustration

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guest Services Frustration

I don't know if this post goes under DVC or Theme Parks, but I'm putting it under the later because the question really is around ticketing. We initially bought our park tickets at the end of March when mid June hours looked like early evening closes that could make park hopping tricky. The CM I spoke with suggested we just get single park tickets based on the information at hand. Fast forward to the end of April and hours are being extended at the parks so we have decided to take the plunge and move to park hoppers in hopes of give the kids some flexibility in access and visits. However, it had been darn near impossible in making a connection via the DVC line to get my request completed.

The first challenge is that there are no longer any evening hours to call so this is taking up my work time and with more meetings than usual due to the pandemic, its tough to carve out two plus hours of my day just to do a ticket upgrade. Calling the DVC line and then choosing 1 for vacation plans and 8 for the ticket offer then incurs at least an hour wait. From there it results in a transfer which I've had go three different ways. The first time after waiting another hour, I got someone so incompetent that they couldn't determine the proper amount to charge me and I ended up having to exit the call because I had to jump on to another for a work meeting. Second time, I waited on the second hold for over a hour (again, two plus hours in total) but had to give up due to yet another work meeting. The third time the transfer did not complete so I gave up.

When I called yesterday, I made it very clear to the CM that my patience was wearing thin after spending about 8 hours or so just to do this simple task. I asked the lady if I could have the phone number for the secondary transfer just in case we had issue/challenges in making this illusive final connection. She agreed, but said, "let me make sure I can connect it through before I give it to you." What does she do? She puts me through and never comes back. What do I do? Wait again for another hour only to have to give up for yet another work meeting.

Hopefully this isn't an indication of how our trip will go, but customer service certainly seems to be at an all time low by the house of mouse. Any suggestions?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is just to add the Hopper to your existing tickets, why call the DVC line? Not trying to be a smart aleck, but I would call the 'regular' line and go through them. Also, is it possible to 'upgrade' to the Hopper through the MDE app? I don't know...just throwing that out there.

BTW -- Wasn't yesterday the last day for the '2 free park days' offer? If so, the phone lines were probably jammed up with 'last minute' callers.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow! That is crazy! I have heard about the long DVC waits, but I don't understand why it is so hard to help you once you get through.

I wonder if you should just wait and add park hopping when you arrive?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for the responses! I think the extra 2 day offer was good under 5/2, hence my interest in doing it now vs. later on both counts just to ensure that everything is set well ahead of time. I'll try calling the regular line. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you can get through. And hope that it will work out for you. On your trip as so sorry that happened to you my friend.
    April Showers and Easter 2024!!

8. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Hope you can get through. And hope that it will work out for you. On your trip as so sorry that happened to you my friend.
    Thank and welcome to Intercot!
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

At WDW now. Trying to cancel an ADR for Friday. Cannot do it online - need to call. Tried twice gave up after an hour each time. Had to go to the podium of Biergarten to get it done...
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrte62 View Post
    At WDW now. Trying to cancel an ADR for Friday. Cannot do it online - need to call. Tried twice gave up after an hour each time. Had to go to the podium of Biergarten to get it done...
    Yikes...too much work for vacation. Good luck with your stay!
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see that you had trouble. personally I always gat so frustrated with any multi connection calls. I always try for direct lines when possible.
    its possible that they may still be on skeleton crews due to pandemic ( not an excuse but possible ) and just overload with calls now that things are easing up a bit.
    I've never had issues with changes, whether it's Park, dining, and even DCL, usually my issues get resolved pretty quickly, even through site chat.
    The entire Disney experience has become more frustrating every year though, and I don't see it getting better. None of this ( pricing, special events, the entire process, construction everywhere etc ) is Walt's vision, and it is quite sad. We are down from two park trips per year to maybe one every other due to the increasing guest workload and general decline in "magic" all around . We have switched to Disney Cruiseline for the much better experience.

13. Thanks baldburke thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: