Quantcast Good walking shoe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good walking shoe

Anyone have any recommendations on a great walking shoe. We are planning a trip in early December so I would like to purchase a pair pretty soon so I can get them broke in.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You are going to get a number of recommendations, but the most important one is to go to a good shoe store (likely a running store) and tell them you're looking for a new good shoe for walking. Since everyone is different, everyone's feet are different, there isn't a "one fits all".

For example, I LOVE my Saucony's, hated New Balance and was told by an orthotist to never buy Sketchers. But, my husband LOVES his New Balance and they work great for him.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Nike Air is the only kind that will get me through a 12 hour shift at work. Ibelieveindisneymagic is right though. Everyone is different. My CHT loves her Adidas.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Look into Hoka One One. Super cushioned ride usually used for running but I find they are great for everyday wear and theme park conquering.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take my Crocs any day, especially with Florida weather, chance of rain daily. Crocs dry quickly so there's less of a chance getting blisters. That happened to me...schlepping around in wet sneakers.

Post Thanks / Like

If it summer...flip flops as much as possible. Hopefully you have good feet! However, I've become a big fan of AllBirds in the last year or so. They are super comfortable and relatively affordable. Good luck and welcome to Intercot!

Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple pair of Under Armour shoes that are very comfortable. I actually bought the first pair while visiting WDW. I had bought a new pair of Nike shoes that were killing my feet about 3 hours in on our first park day. I actually took the bus back to our resort, jumped in the car and ran over to one of the shopping centers to an athletic store and bought the Under Armours and then returned to the park. I wore a pair of my Cole Haans last time and they were also great. I will add that I have flat feet though so I can't wear just any shoe.

My best advice is to go to an athletic store and try some on and walk around. You will probably know when you have found the best ones for you. I would wear good socks, pick shoes that have laces and tie so and fit well so they do not move on your feet. I have been with people who wore loose fitting or slip on shoes like Birkenstocks or Crocs and they got horrible blisters on their feet the first day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Look into Hoka One One. Super cushioned ride usually used for running but I find they are great for everyday wear and theme park conquering.

I have never heard of these. Do they stand up to a lot of wear and tear?

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE my Hoka One Ones. I bought them after John recommended them on a podcast a long time ago. They have a lot of cushion. They are the only shoes that I wear to Disney and don’t end up with sore blistered feet.

11. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're going the sandal route, I would try Tevas. They're very comfortable, come in a variety of styles and dry very quickly.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

A good running shoe makes a good walking shoe. My current preference is the ASICS Gel-Venture 7 MX trail running shoe. I have no arch and these help my pronation. My bride's go to is her Teva sandals, though she'll wear an ASICS running shoe on occasion.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

14. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm devoted to Saucony. They're the only ones whose toe box is big enough so that my toes have room, but the rear of the shoe is still "normal" enough that my heels don't rub. I just wish they had a greater variety of styles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    If you're going the sandal route, I would try Tevas. They're very comfortable, come in a variety of styles and dry very quickly.
    Do you think they are nice enough to go with a dress? I'm taking the plunge and doing a Disney Bounding day with a Prince Eric themed dress. I haven't worn dress shoes in I don't know how long, but I would feel weird in tennis shoes and a dress. Would Tevas work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    A good running shoe makes a good walking shoe. My current preference is the ASICS Gel-Venture 7 MX trail running shoe. I have no arch and these help my pronation. My bride's go to is her Teva sandals, though she'll wear an ASICS running shoe on occasion.
    Asics are great too! I don't wear them to the parks, but I'll wear them on hikes on other trips.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Do you think they are nice enough to go with a dress? I'm taking the plunge and doing a Disney Bounding day with a Prince Eric themed dress. I haven't worn dress shoes in I don't know how long, but I would feel weird in tennis shoes and a dress. Would Tevas work?
    Definitely! I wear them with summer dresses all the time.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Definitely! I wear them with summer dresses all the time.
    Thanks. I'll look into them.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve worn Merril’s on my last few trips and loved them.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: