Quantcast Disney Prices - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney Prices

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    You make a good point. I still don't think it is an infrastructure problem, per se, but more of how they use the infrastructure they have. The other sites you mentioned are primarily hotel booking sites, but Disney is not a hotelier and, as such, do not put their emphasis on hotel bookings. Is this wrong? Yeah, it probably is, especially when they are announcing discounts at such regular intervals. Should they 'beef up' their reservation server farm? Most definitely. BUT, from what 1disneynut's comment stated, at least you are not getting the old 404 Page Not Found (or Stitch ate this page) message and are getting in a virtual queue.
    I would almost rather get the 404 or Stitch ate the page than be smacked with a virtual que telling me I have to wait 25 minutes just to see pricing. I still haven't seen the pricing because after getting the virtual que on two days with a day in between them, I haven't even tried again. Maybe I am in the minority but I simply do not have the patience to wait 25 minutes just to look at rates. I especially do not have the patience for it when my degree is in this field and I know it is just them being cheap on their systems. If they have everything running on the same servers and do not have enough bandwidth to properly serve the reservation system that is just poor IT infrastructure and they should have dedicated servers for reservations. I mean seriously, an inefficient reservation system turns people off before they even get going on planning a trip there and eventually need the other services on the system.

2. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but as an old computer systems guy dating back to the 70's, this is utter BS. With a properly designed system, there should be minimal delays, but nothing at the levels that are being reported. Disney has designed this in a way to pull people's chains and they should be ashamed.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

5. Likes Cinderelley, PopPhan, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I would almost rather get the 404 or Stitch ate the page than be smacked with a virtual que telling me I have to wait 25 minutes just to see pricing. I still haven't seen the pricing because after getting the virtual que on two days with a day in between them, I haven't even tried again. Maybe I am in the minority but I simply do not have the patience to wait 25 minutes just to look at rates. I especially do not have the patience for it when my degree is in this field and I know it is just them being cheap on their systems. If they have everything running on the same servers and do not have enough bandwidth to properly serve the reservation system that is just poor IT infrastructure and they should have dedicated servers for reservations. I mean seriously, an inefficient reservation system turns people off before they even get going on planning a trip there and eventually need the other services on the system.

It doesn't get any better after you have your reservations either. Look at the debacle with reservations opening for Space 220 and the "virtual queue" not even working when I was there a couple of months ago. I still don't understand why they thought putting up a paper code for you to use on your phone was a good idea. Created a very potentially dangerous situation and what of those who don't have/can't use that type of tech. It would have been better to just use an old fashioned line.
    Disney's tech has been a problem for quite a while. With it being such a giant company, they shouldn't have many problems at all, much less on the scale that they do.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I agree with you all that prices are getting crazy and yet the parks are packed. I have been here this week, January 3-7, and there is no shortage of people willing to pay what WDW corporate is asking.
    I was there with you Jeff! Friday was the only day that standby wait times didn't get unreasonable (at least at MK and Epcot). Weather was incredible though. Stinks on the parking.

I've personally heard from a few Disney fans that echo what I've read here that feel their days of frequent Disney trips are behind them. The kicker is going to be the DVC members who are somewhat tied to the place. We inherited a timeshare near Disney World (Westgate Lakes) and my wife, a devoted fan, said that next year we should just enjoy the resort amenities and some of the other area attractions and maybe not go to Disney except for perhaps a day. I was thinking it but she said it!

But as Jeff said, if they continue to fill the park, they may not worry about the fans cutting back.
    "Just a dream away"

Number of visits:
    Lost count a long time ago!

Post Thanks / Like

We're just now starting to plan our trip and the prices definitely made my eyes pop! I can't say I was entirely surprised with all that was going on, but it was still a little bit of a shock. I am hoping that this is not here to stay though. In the past there have been steady increases in price, but there have been periods where you get much better special offers. I'm hoping the pendulum swings back the other way soon.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

We would sometimes go twice a year, because of these prices we are going to universal one week instead. Much cheaper (minus the park tickets are about the same)
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there from the 16th-23rd of January. The cost increases that bother me the most are the parking fees and the Genie+. I really felt like I was forced to purchase Genie+ just because I didn't know how crowded it would be and how many other people had purchased it. The worst part of Genie+ is that 2 rides at each park aren't even included. Now that's greed!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

And an added problem with these BIG increases is that little price gouging is irksome too, or maybe it's just me. Disney wants us to Mobile Order, so I did at a resort QS (resort QS usually accepts in person orders). Well, they charged me but then, when I went to pick up my order, the CM said they were all out of a particular item I'd ordered, and they offered me one of 3 substitutions-all a dollar or so LESS than the item I was charged for. Yes, there were other substitutions in that category (dessert item) that were 50 cents or a dollar more that they didn't offer, only offered me the less expensive items. Small amount, but I checked-they never did reimburse me the small difference. Just another example of the ways of Disney's prices right now.

12. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    And an added problem with these BIG increases is that little price gouging is irksome too, or maybe it's just me. Disney wants us to Mobile Order, so I did at a resort QS (resort QS usually accepts in person orders). Well, they charged me but then, when I went to pick up my order, the CM said they were all out of a particular item I'd ordered, and they offered me one of 3 substitutions-all a dollar or so LESS than the item I was charged for. Yes, there were other substitutions in that category (dessert item) that were 50 cents or a dollar more that they didn't offer, only offered me the less expensive items. Small amount, but I checked-they never did reimburse me the small difference. Just another example of the ways of Disney's prices right now.
    Dont get me started on mobile order.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to show my age and time on this particular Disney site. Years ago these posts would come up and individuals would defend the increases. Basically someone would post and then others would say “but look at the value of the trip when compared to other trips”. Not seeing much of that anymore. To me that’s a good indication that Disney is pricing out a lot of families.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

15. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: