For those who are going during the pandemic, the character experience is different and perhaps a little awkward. No more kids running up and hugging Mickey or Pooh Bear. In the parks, they are in gated areas where you can still get decent pictures "with" the character. For the "human" characters, such as Anna and Elsa, they are separated but close enough to interact and a 3-year old Frozen fan with us was delighted to talk with them across the gate.

We did character dining at Tusker House and the character would come in the room, interact from a distance and you could stand at the end of your table with them in the background. No group hug pictures but it was obvious the character was engaged with the guests. Hats off to the characters maintaining connection with these physical challenges. It's not like the old days where Chip took my kids pillow and went to sleep or in Animal Kingdom I'm sitting on a bench and Chip (again) plopped down beside me and started messing with me. Hope we get back to those days.

Just wanted to set expectations for those going down based on our experience last week.