Quantcast Early summer luxury resort trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early summer luxury resort trip

Looking through some pictures to clean up my phone, I ran across my photos from Grand Floridian and Polynesian stay. It was a last minute booking change because rates were pretty low at GF right before the 50th started and the Poly new Mona rooms had just opened up. I decided no park time or dining reservations and I could just about afford a stay at GF for a few nights. The Poly was a little more but with just 2 nights there it didn’t bust my budget too much since I cut back on other activities.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

About 6 years ago I went to a wedding at the GF and I have always wanted to stay there. The room I booked was on 4th floor looking out straight to Contemporary and to the left a perfect view of the castle. To see the fireworks I had to go outside because a tree or two blocked most of the fireworks. I spent a lot of early morning time and evenings just enjoying the view and sights and sounds of being on the Seven Seas Lagoon. I could watch the nightly water parade from my balcony with a perfect view.

The room is getting an upgrade but I found it very comfortable and liked both the bathroom set up and the bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed every moment I was staying at the resort and the pool was very nice and quiet in mornings. Didn’t regret spending the extra $$$$at all since it is highly unlikely I will do it again unless I come into a surprise pile of cash.

Wishes!

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 nights at the Poly were very nice also. We had stayed there once many years ago before we went on a Disney cruise. The new rooms are beautiful and I had a view of the boats and main buildings. I was on the top floor.

The designs and everything being new was so much fun to experience. I thought the bathroom was very well done. It seemed a little dark even with all the lights on. I didn’t think the beds were quite as luxurious as the GF. The mattresses were harder. But compared to my normal POP room it certainly was a treat.

One thing I didn’t like about the location was it seemed like it always smelled like food since the dining wasn’t too far from my balcony. Even the hallways seemed like cooking food. I love eating at the Poly but don’t really want to smell it at my resort. The room was fine- no smell unless opened door to balcony.

Wishes!

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking back at the pics and remembering a dream trip is something I will treasure but I am happy to go back to POP in April. The room prices at GF and Poly are pretty much out of my reach now. If I had to pick a favorite, GF would be my first choice as long as I got to spend time eating at my favorite Kona and I like sitting out at the Poly beach.

Wishes!

9. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always fun to reminisce about fun trips we've had in the past!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Moana decor at the Polynesian too. Sometimes I take a little trip just by looking at my photos from previous vacations. The bad thing about that is that a lot of times it ends in me booking another trip. It's getting pretty expensive!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: