Quantcast 60 During 50 – (pseudo) Live Trip Report Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 60 During 50 – (pseudo) Live Trip Report Day 6

Now that the rain is gone, the temps have settled into the mid 50’s to start the day. Still a bit damp and breezy, so I actually have to put on a jacket to head out to the parks.

Back to DHS to try to get another ride on Rise of the Resistance and whatever else I can get in…

I was a little late getting out this morning, so I didn’t arrive at DHS until 8:40am and didn’t get back to Batuu until almost 9. Unbelievably, there was NO QUEUE for Rise and I walked up to about 30 feet from the room with BB-8 and the Rey hologram. Kept my camera (phone) in my pocket and really took the opportunity to enjoy the ride. On my first ride the room with the laser canons was not operating, but this time they were. It DOES make a difference in how the flow of the ride (and to be honest, the length) goes. Still amazed at all the effects on the ride and how well the trackless system works. [Side note: Both this ride and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure use the trackless system very well to make the ride a bit different every time.]

After safely arriving at the rebel base, I made my way over to Toy Story Land to see what the wait times were. Alien Swirling Saucers was listed at around 45 minutes and Slinky Dog Dash at 70. Toy Story Midway Mania was at 50, so I figured this was the best opportunity to do some target shooting. I haven’t done this in quite a while and still enjoyed it. I think the last time I did it was when the entrance was on the other side and you had to walk up a huge flight of stairs, and back down, over the ride track to get on it.

Once I finished there, I went to try a Raspberry Lunchbox Tart and get a coffee at Woody’s Lunch Box. Very tasty and the coffee was a must have on this cold and breezy morning. Thought about riding Slinky Dog Dash, which was down to a 60 minute wait, but just couldn’t bring myself to freeze my butt off just to say I got it in. LOL

Decided to just wander around a bit and do whatever felt good. Ended up back over in the Muppets area and got the 3D show in with minimal wait. Then over to Star Tours for a flight. Again, it has been a while for this, and they added the scenes from the last 3 movies, so it was actually pretty ‘new’ to me. I still enjoy this ride as well and like to get it in at least once on every trip.

I don’t know where the time went, but it was almost 2pm until I finished Star Tours, so it was time to head back to the room to get a couple hours of down time before heading out to MK for the evening. I have had this on my schedule a couple times and just never made it…Aches and pains and a lack of desire to go back out in the cold held me back the last couple days. Guess what…I didn’t get there again today. Maybe tomorrow…

Tomorrow my original schedule has me starting in AK to hit whatever feels good during the day, then off to DHS for the evening. I am already planning to switch out the evening for MK, since it is my last evening here and I have yet to really spend any afternoon/evening time there.

Stay tuned…..
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing that you wee able to get on Rise so easily! The trackless systems are quite nice but do come with some issues - we once got stuck on the Remy ride for quite some time as maintenance folks wandered around all the carts checking out the space beneath them - turns out someone's 3-d glasses ended up on the floor and stuck under one of the carts which shut the whole ride down. On that occasion, they offered us another go round and we took them up on that offer.

I completely understand your reluctance to return to the parks in the evening when the nights have been so cold - hopefully you do get some night time in before your trip ends!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you had a good time just winging it! Good for you!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: