Quantcast 60 During 50 – (pseudo) Live Trip Report Day 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 60 During 50 – (pseudo) Live Trip Report Day 7

Last ‘go round’ time…Last full day in the parks…

“Woke up in the morning, feeling’ fine…” A little stiffness in the knees, but after a hot shower, everything seems to be working as it should. Go figure…

My day starts in Animal Kingdom. Not pushing to get rides in, I just want to walk some of the nature paths and see what animals are out and about. Get to the Tree of Life area just in time for the Birds In Flight show. Unlike some people, I like watching the birds fly free through the park, yet know their places for the show. There was a PhotoPass photographer in a great position, so I got some pics right when the birds were flying overhead. No complaints here!

Hit the paths around the Tree of Life area and got some pics of the tree from different perspectives. Some close ups of the carvings. Unfortunately, there weren’t a lot of animals in the areas around the tree. I guess when it is only slowly approaching 50 degrees, they don’t want the animals to get too much of a chill. Can’t say that I blame them.

Yes, I DID say ‘approaching 50 degrees.’ When I left the room around 8am, it was 47 degrees outside.

You know, I found a path that I never realized was there before. Headed to Africa, right before the bridge into Harambe, there is a path to the right. It heads back to the ‘river’ side of the Tree. I had seen, from different, angles that there was a ‘riverside’ path around the tree, but could never find the entrance. Either I had always missed it before, gotten into Harambe from a different path, or it had been closed. Anyway, I got a new look at the tree.

Crowds were a little high and the safari already had over and hour wait, so I made my way back to be shrunk down to the size of a bug and spend a few minutes with Flik and friends. Coming out of the theater I saw a PhotoPass photographer on the path standing in front of what looked like the ‘torture ball’ from “Star Wars: A New Hope”…I know you will all know exactly what I mean! LOL As soon as I saw it I had one of those ‘head slap’ moments that we all get now and then. This was the spot for a ‘Tiny World’ photo!!!! I had completely forgotten about this type of photo in the parks and had to stop and get it. For anyone who does not know of these, it is a 360 degree photo of the area with you as the centerpiece. You have to stand still, in a pose, for a few seconds as the shot is taken, but is worth it. The shot can be a little disorienting to look at, but is a fun one.

Once it was taken, and my MagicBand scanned, I remembered that there are also ‘SuperZoom’ photos to be taken in the parks. I asked the PhotoPass photographer where it was in AK and he directed me to the ‘tower’ beside the KiteTails theater and across from Everest. You know I HAD to have it, so backthrough Asia I go. There was no one waiting, so the PhotoPass photographer there got me set right up.

Well, that completely changed my thoughts on what I was going to do for the day….Now, I had to hit DHS for the shots there before going to MK for the evening, as planned. It was coming up on noon, and started getting a bit warmer – up to 55 degrees, sunny, and little breeze to speak of – so I made my way out of the park to go back to the resort to drop off my jacket. I had a little time to relax before I could head out to DHS, so I took stock of how my legs and back felt…probably as good as I have felt since Day 1.

Left the resort, sans jacket, around 1:30 and was able to get into DHS right at 2:00. After asking where the ‘Tiny World’ and ‘SuperZoom’ shot were taken, I headed for the Jedi Training Academy for the ‘Tiny World’ shot. They are set up right in front of the stage. There were two groups in front of me, but a second PhotoPass photographer was taking ‘regular’ shots there while we waited. Unfortunately, the ‘Torture Ball’ camera went down for the group ahead of me and it was not available. I asked if it would be coming back online soon and was told to check back a little later. A little bummed, but figured this was a good time to go to Batuu and get the ‘SuperZoom’ shot there. Luckily, this was not a trek across the entire park.

The ’SuperZoom’ photo in the Batuu area is on the ‘balcony’ to the right of Ronto Roasters, a little off the beaten trail. If you do not know it is there, you could easily miss it. There were a few groups ahead of me, so I chatted with the people around me for a bit until it was my turn. This one was up and running and I got a great shot there, as well as a few ‘still’ shots.

Hoping it was just a minor problem, I went back to the ‘Tiny World’ setup to check on it. It was back up!!! Just a few groups ahead of me, so I had great hopes on getting the shot this time. The camera stayed up and I did get the shot.

Okay…two parks down and now it’s time to head over to MK for the evening. Luckily, there are buses between parks after 2pm, so I did not have to go back to the resort (or another resort) first. Got to MK right around 4pm and started my hunt….

Now, due to the layout of MK and the number of guests, there is no ‘Tiny World’ photo here, but there IS a ‘SuperZoom’ shot taken from the ‘grass’ area in front of Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. I hit the ‘regular’ PhotoPass photographer first, which is a little to the side of the ‘SuperZoom’ area, and got a few pics with the castle background. For the ‘SuperZoom’ photo, I had to have it taken twice to get a shot with only a few people in the background. It seemed like every time the shot was to be taken people would walk into frame. It was busy in MK…Yes, I know Mondays are the worst for that particular park…But patience paid off and I got the shot.

After that, I headed over to Casey’s Corner for an order of corn dog nuggets and chili fries. They were basically telling everyone that if you wanted anything, you would need to Mobile Order and wait. No biggie. Placed my order, told them (it?) I was there and got served in about 10 minutes.

Thought about hitting some rides while I was here, but looked at the wait times…Nothing less than 75 minutes!! Alright, I guess it is a ‘walk around’ visit then. But, after my meal, I wanted something sweet, so I headed over to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip. OMG!!! You needed a crowbar to get through the people just milling about. Decided to Mobile Order my treat and remembered that there is a coconut ‘Dole Whip’ that I wanted to try, so instead of the standard pineapple, I gave this one a try. Again, a quick order delivery and I found a place to sit back in the exit area for the Tiki Room. I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor of the coconut version, but might do the coconut/pineapple mix next time. Coconut by itself was a little sweet and I like the little tartness of the pineapple.

From there, I just wandered around for a while until I saw that the PeopleMover was listed with a 20 minute wait. You know I had to!! LOL Looking at the line when I approached, I was thinking that their guesstimate was WAY off, but they only missed by about 10 minutes. Got some great looks at the construction on Tron. They MAY actually have this ready sometime LATE this year. Hopefully by INTERCOT 25 time, but we shall see.

By the time I got off the PeopleMover, the sun had started sinking and the temps started falling. Not too bad yet, but I knew that I would be hating myself later for not bringing my jacket along. I was right! By 6pm, even before full dark, it had started getting cold (for Florida.) Just had to keep moving to keep the blood flowing. Hahaha Besides, I had to keep moving to keep my sciatica from flaring up too bad. It’s not really painful, but standing in one place for too long makes my left leg go numb. Walking is fine, but standing can be nasty.

Found a decent, but not great, place for fireworks and got to see the show. Fireworks themselves are very good, but the story is lacking, in my eyes anyway. And with people elbow to elbow, it wasn’t the best show I have seen at Disney. I want my Wishes back!!! LOL I honestly think that not having a parade shortly before the fireworks makes the crowd around the hub and Main Street even heavier than before.

Heading out of the park to the buses, I could see the Electrical Water Pageant floating by. They have added some new barges that really add to the show. Nice way to end the evening.

Long day, but still not feeling too bad. Back and legs have finally decided to let me do things. Sure, right before I have to leave!!!!

Tomorrow, I am planning to hit EPCOT to try for the “Tiny World’ and ‘SuperZoom’ shots before having to be back at the resort for my Mears Connect pickup. I will post final day and overall thoughts after I get home….

Stay tuned…..
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes Katzateer, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow - three parks in one day - I'm impressed!!

We were told that animals are given the choice as to whether to go out or stay in and I think a number do decide to stay in on chilly days!

The wait times you list have been ongoing pretty much since they activated the Genie + system.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love those 3 park days! I'm glad your legs and back allowed it. What a wonderful day!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

What a busy day ... both in terms of wait times AND how much you covered! What a day (and yes the corn dogs nuggets at Casey's are a must do for us too!)
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I WANT WISHES BACK TOO!!!!
    Thanks for your great report!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

10. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad your body is allowing you to enjoy things. Are you by yourself? (I’ve often contemplated doing a solo trip.)
    Also, I’ve never heard of the Tiny World or Super Zoom photos. I’ll have to look into them.
    Thanks for posting.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ