Quantcast ~ Day 1 - January 16, 2022

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ~ Day 1 - January 16, 2022

Tilly (4), Adam (the daddy) & me (the granny)

We drove down from IL spending the night in Valdosta last night. Somewhere in Tennessee I realized I forgot to pack our Magic Bands. After about 60 seconds of panic, I thought they could easily be replaced. Mickey is always happy to sell us stuff!

When we checked in we got cards to use until we can find Magic Bands we like. I carried the cards with me even after we got our bands. That decision will come in handy later.

We got the BEST room at the Polynesian. We were on the 3rd floor. A tall palm tree blocked the view of people seeing in our room so we left the curtains wide open the entire time. We had a wonderful view of the Volcano Pool. We were very close to the Great Ceremonial House and had a very short walk to the soda fountain at the quiet pool. The better to get our money's worth with our mug refills!

I purchased Genie+ as part of our package. Although I spent many hours studying the Genie+ system, I still felt unsure about how it worked. We arrived at the resort at about 3 so of course all of the LL options were gone. It was hard to figure that out, I thought maybe I didn't know where to find the option.

We had a late lunch at Columbia House. I was glad it was reopened. I had been to Disney World in late July/August with my other son and we were disappointed that it was closed then. We were sorry to see there is no simple fish & chips option anymore. We love the 50th anniversary special desserts everywhere we ate though. Tilly had a shake with a donut on top with purple icing and sprinkles. It looked like a LOT to me but she loved it.

We spent the day at the Magic Kingdom starting with a ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railway. We rode Aladdin's Magic Carpets then headed to Tomorrowland. We rode Buzz Lightyear and went to the Carousel of Progress. Adam and Tilly drove a car at the Speedway while I did a little shopping. We watched the fireworks then headed back to our wonderful room.

I did have a job there though. I had to put the trashbags in all 3 of the trashcans in our room. Does anyone else think Mousekeeping should do that???
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

2. Thanks Katzateer, faline thanked for this post
    Likes Katzateer, PopPhan, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time!!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think Mousekeeping should put the bags in there.

Sounds like a great first day!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're off to a good start!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a perfect room! I'm sorry Genie+ was such a challenge, I'm trying to read everything I can to prepare for our (hopefully) upcoming trip as well.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: