Quantcast ~ Day 2 - January 17, 2022

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ~ Day 2 - January 17, 2022

Tilly (4), Adam (the daddy) & me (the granny)

We started our day with breakfast at 'Ohana. It was convenient and a good breakfast but with everything served in a skillet for the table and no characters, the price was pretty steep. The Mickey and Stitch waffles were cute and the juice was really good. I'm not sure I'd do this again though. Tilly ran her food off on the little green patch behind the Great Ceremonial House. There were kids running and playing there every time we passed. I miss the little stream that used to run through the area though. We went back up to our room to get ready to go to EPCOT for the day. Tilly loved getting to run the elevator on this day and every day after that.

We soon boarded the Green monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center. Even though it was the long way around, we enjoy riding the monorail. I found it interesting that the color names of the monorails changed. Is that part of the 50th? Did they go back to original color names? I just remember it as Monorail Lime.

I got us a LL for Spaceship Earth and started getting the hang of using Genie+. We spotted Goofy greeting guests so I got a photo of Tilly with him in the background. It was a pretty windy day but nice enough. Next I got a LL for Soarin' and we rode that and then walked on Living with the Land. I enjoy spotting all of the hidden Mickeys there.

A bit about the Figment popcorn bucket... As we rode the monorail in the circle around Spaceship Earth I saw LOTS of people leaving with the buckets. I saw a couple of girls walking out of the park with both arms loaded. I guess I should have realized at the time, but I figured I could get one later. I did not rush to buy one even though I love Figment. Of course, by the time I decided to get one they were sold out. I figured I'd just get one on Friday when we were scheduled to come back, but they were sold out then too. Now I'm seeing them on eBay for hundreds of dollars. Ridiculous. Hopefully the craziness dies down.

So, we went for a ride with Nemo and walked around the Living Seas for a little while. I spotted a hidden Mickey in one of the small fish tanks upstairs.

We had lunch at The Land and enjoyed the 50th Anniversary cupcake. I couldn't pass up Remy's cheesecake which looked like a big wedge of Swiss cheese. We took a break at that point and went back to the Polynesian. We were planning to stay for the Extra Magic Hours from 9:00-11:00 that night so it was time for a little rest.

I loved seeing Spaceship Earth lit up when we returned. I enjoyed the music and light show. I have to say I did not like the previous additions to Spaceship Earth. The arm and 2000 detracted from the purity of perfection of that building in my humble opinion. The lights though, I love!

I just noticed how long this is so I'll finish up, we rode Test Track and Remy and just enjoyed the evening. The pina colada at San Angel is to die for! That helped with my feet too. By the time we got back to our room, we had walked over 21,000 steps before midnight and over another 1,000 after midnight. What a full day!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

2. Thanks Katzateer thanked for this post
    Likes Katzateer, PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are so many really good 50th anniversary treats��my favorite was at Poly at the coffee stand upstairs. I think it was a key lime or lemon tart.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get to use Lightning Lane for more than just the two rides you mentioned?

Nice Epcot day. I, too, saw the folks toting around the figment popcorn holders. We were there just a couple of days after they went on sale and they were already listed on e-bay for well over $100 dollars - I checked just out of curiosity given the length of the line I saw and they number of figments draped over folks passing us.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a great day! The whole Figment popcorn bucket fiasco was crazy ... just shows how much love for Figgy there is out there!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure I got a LL for Nemo too. I wish there was a way to go back and check in My Disney Experience. I should have taken more screen shots. It was a good long weekend but after awhile, I started forgetting exactly what we did each day. I'll blame that on a lack of sleep and the drive home! I remember thinking at that point though that I wasn't really getting my money's worth out of Genie+.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: