Quantcast Mnsshp

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Mnsshp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mnsshp

I know the question "Is it worth it" is very subjective but my question is what, exactly, do you get for the money?

Things I've seen and read about that you get:
    candy
    special fireworks
    special parade

Are there special things on the rides that will be open?
    Do you get free, unlimited pop, water, ice cream bars and popcorn like at other ticked events?
    Any AP discounts?

Just wondering what I may be missing before I decide to shell out that kind of money. BTW, it'll only be adults, no kids, so maybe that makes a difference?
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by We LOVE Disney View Post
    I know the question "Is it worth it" is very subjective but my question is what, exactly, do you get for the money?

Things I've seen and read about that you get:
    candy
    special fireworks
    special parade

Are there special things on the rides that will be open?
    Do you get free, unlimited pop, water, ice cream bars and popcorn like at other ticked events?
    Any AP discounts?

Just wondering what I may be missing before I decide to shell out that kind of money. BTW, it'll only be adults, no kids, so maybe that makes a difference?
    Special things on rides like a Halloween overlay or something like that? Not that I recall. There can be special lighting and spooky music on some rides like Mad Tea Party or Dumbo that I remember seeing. Otherwise there's nothing extra they add to any of the attractions themselves.

I don't have an AP but I would assume there are discounts, maybe not for every date?

No free food except the candy you can get at the trick-or-treat stations. Which can be substantial depending on how many you visit and you can go as many times as you want.

Special character meet and greets are one of the reasons people attend the parties, exclusive photo opportunities with rare characters or regular characters are dressed up in Halloween costumes.

The Boo-to-You parade is so fun as well as Hallowishes and the castle stage shows.

I've been as an adult with other adults and by myself many times and have always had an absolute blast. You can take advantage of generally shorter wait times at the big rides (one year Jared and I did laps on Splash just walking right on and off again!). They used to let you in with a Halloween party ticket 3 hours early so in theory you could come in at 4 p.m. before the official start time and start having fun, but note any Party exclusive merch, food, characters and entertainment will not come out until 7 p.m.

Is it worth it? That's completely up to you to decide. I am skipping it this year because I've done it so much in the past and the price is nearly double that of the last time I went. So for me I didn't see anything I hadn't experienced before in the press release last week so I am going to do other stuff instead. If I were going with other friends that wanted to experience it, I would probably go with them though.

Hope that helps, feel free to keep asking questions! It really is a fun event.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing special about the rides. Most of the popular attractions will be open and in their usual form. Some characters will be out dressed in Halloween costumes. The only "free" food is the candy at the trick or treat stations so nothing special there really. The main draw is the Boo To You parade which we regard as the best parade by far. We really enjoyed watching the parade. Then you have the special fireworks show and some different "spooky" halloween type music and some stage shows. The parade and fireworks show are worth seeing once. I wouldn't go out of my way to pay the price to do it again any time soon but at some point we will probably want to see the parade again.

Post Thanks / Like

It's way to much to spend for one night!
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We've been to the MNSSHP a couple of times, and never really loved it. The parade is AWESOME, but that's the only awesome part. We've found it to be crowded, ride lines still high and the lines for the "special" things, like the character meetings are CRAZY!!!

It isn't like the after-hours events with the super short ride times and the free snacks - those were AMAZING.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I used to really love MNSSHP. The atmosphere was amazing. The Boo To You song still gets stuck in my head (in a good way), and the parade was fantastic. There are photo opportunities there that you can't get during regular times. My friends and I (all adults) would plan our trips for that time of year just for the party. The last time I went in 2018, I felt that there was a lot lacking. It seems like the parade was shorter (our favorites were still there - the gravediggers from Haunted Mansion, the dancers from Haunted Mansion and the pirate's ship). If you haven't been, I would recommend going, but I'm not sure I would do it this year. Who knows what it will look like post covid and I would hate to pay that much money for something subpar to what was already getting subpar.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: