Quote Originally Posted by We LOVE Disney View Post
I know the question "Is it worth it" is very subjective but my question is what, exactly, do you get for the money?

Things I've seen and read about that you get:
candy
special fireworks
special parade

Are there special things on the rides that will be open?
Do you get free, unlimited pop, water, ice cream bars and popcorn like at other ticked events?
Any AP discounts?

Just wondering what I may be missing before I decide to shell out that kind of money. BTW, it'll only be adults, no kids, so maybe that makes a difference?
Special things on rides like a Halloween overlay or something like that? Not that I recall. There can be special lighting and spooky music on some rides like Mad Tea Party or Dumbo that I remember seeing. Otherwise there's nothing extra they add to any of the attractions themselves.

I don't have an AP but I would assume there are discounts, maybe not for every date?

No free food except the candy you can get at the trick-or-treat stations. Which can be substantial depending on how many you visit and you can go as many times as you want.

Special character meet and greets are one of the reasons people attend the parties, exclusive photo opportunities with rare characters or regular characters are dressed up in Halloween costumes.

The Boo-to-You parade is so fun as well as Hallowishes and the castle stage shows.

I've been as an adult with other adults and by myself many times and have always had an absolute blast. You can take advantage of generally shorter wait times at the big rides (one year Jared and I did laps on Splash just walking right on and off again!). They used to let you in with a Halloween party ticket 3 hours early so in theory you could come in at 4 p.m. before the official start time and start having fun, but note any Party exclusive merch, food, characters and entertainment will not come out until 7 p.m.

Is it worth it? That's completely up to you to decide. I am skipping it this year because I've done it so much in the past and the price is nearly double that of the last time I went. So for me I didn't see anything I hadn't experienced before in the press release last week so I am going to do other stuff instead. If I were going with other friends that wanted to experience it, I would probably go with them though.

Hope that helps, feel free to keep asking questions! It really is a fun event.