Quantcast Bay Lake Tower Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bay Lake Tower Day 3

Wednesday

We made a last minute reservation for breakfast at Boma this morning so headed there. After breakfast, we hopped on a bus to Animal Kingdom. Since we did breakfast, we missed the early morning entry time here. On top of that, both Avatar and Navi were down for most of the morning. In fact, cast members were preventing people from even entering the entire Pandora area. These closures pushed the wait times for other "big" rides to very long standby times.

So, we walked the Gorilla Falls trail and then went to the first showing of the Lion King. With the tumble monkeys back in the performance as well as the aerial portions, the show now felt very close to the way it was pre-Covid. The audience certainly showed their appreciation of these recent additions!!

After this show, we took the train to Conservation Station. I decided we will no longer go to Conservation Station. The train there doesn't begin to run until 9:30 am. I go primarily to see if they have anything occuring in their vetinary area. Like the last time, we arrived to find that the procedure scheduled took place at 7:30 that morning. I'm not sure why they put that information on their screen since no-one can arrive there at 7:30 in the morning to watch the procedure. So, for us, it is basically, take a little train ride, walk through the building which essentially has nothing of interest for us (Most of the space is now taken up with The Animation Experience.), walk back to the train station, take another train ride. Done.

It's very hot. There are tons of people coming in. All the wait times are an hour or more. The re-opened Finding Nemo show is still more than an hour away - let's leave.

We head back to Bay Lake Tower and head to the pool. We had so much to eat at breakfast, we don't want lunch so just get nachos which is basically chips with melted cheese from the pool bar.

Back in our room, we shower and get ready for dinner. We have a 5:00 pm reservation at Citrico's (another last minute choice - hence the timing). At the Grand Floridian, we are able to enter the library room prior to dinner where I order a glass of wine until we are notified that our table is ready.

When they did Citrico's over with the Mary Poppins theming, I was afraid I would not like it but I do like the new theming very much. My husband had a steak and I had the butter-poached Mahi Mahi which was delicious!! For dessert, we both had the Chocolate Torte along with decaf coffees. The Torte was very good and so pretty, it almost looked too nice to break apart and eat!!

After dinner, we sat on the balcony outside the Enchanted Rose where we had after dinner drinks before returning to Bay Lake. Once again, we watched the fireworks at 9:20 pm (they were repeated at 11 pm) before ending our day.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Thanks PopPhan, Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree about Conservation Station! We always really enjoyed our time there, but the last couple of times, there have been no procedures and with the animation class, it doesn't have the same feel anymore.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: