Quantcast Positive Quote Of The Day May 2023 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/22/2023

"Each of us is great insofar as we perceive and act on the infinite possibilities which lie undiscovered and unrecognized about us."- James Harvey Robinson (1863 - 1936) American Historian
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/23/2023

"John F. Kennedy summed up Aristotelian happiness in a single sentence: "The full use of your powers along lines of excellence in a life affording scope.""- John F. Kennedy (1917 - 1963) 35th U.S. President
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad all politicians didn’t share that mind set!
    Jeff

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/24/2023

Taking care of myself doesn’t mean ‘me first,’ it means ‘me, too.– L.R. Knost
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

10. Likes Jeff, PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/25/2023

"Real happiness, Aristotle believed, comes from a continuous effort to become the best possible version of yourself."- Aristotle (384 BC - 324 BC) Greek philosopher
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

12. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aristotle quoting himself! Seems a bit pretentious
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/26/2023

"We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine."- Eduardo Galiano (1940 - 2015) Uruguayan journalist
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

15. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Aristotle quoting himself! Seems a bit pretentious
    Sometimes he was the smartest person he knew. Socrates and Plato were busy with other issues.
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

17. Likes PopPhan, Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/27/2023

"Writing of his friend Guillaumet, an intrepid mail pilot, in Wind, Sand and Stars, Saint-Exupéry said that moral greatness derives more from a sense of responsibility than from courage or honesty. "To be a man is, precisely, to be responsible.""- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900 - 1944) French writer
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

19. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good one!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/28/2023

“The body achieves what the mind believes.”– Jim Rohn
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

22. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/29/2023

“Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing in.”– Katherine Mansfield
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

24. Likes PopPhan, Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/30/2023

"From the outside, people see the records and stats…those numbers dehumanize the sport and what every athlete is trying to achieve,” Shiffrin wrote. “What I see is an enormous mixture of work, training, joy, heartache, motivation, laughs, stress, sleepless nights, triumph, pain, doubt, certainty, more doubt, more work, more training, surprises, delayed flights, canceled flights, lost luggage, long drives through the night, expense, more work, adventure, and some races mixed in there.”"- Mikaela Shiffrin (B - 1995) American two-time Olympic gold medalist and World Cup alpine skier
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

26. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Positive Quote Of The Day 05/31/2023

After much thought and consideration, I have decided to take a sabbatical leave from the Positive Quote Of The Day threads/posts. I have posted these daily since March 2007 with over 1.5 million views. My hope is that I have encouraged, motivated, provoked thought, helped someone look before they leap, and considered being Positive rather than negative and at times, even confused you. But most of all, I hope you have passed along the Positive Thoughts to others. We need them now more than ever! I am not going anywhere and will always be a part of INTERCOT. I have made and met countless friends because of this website and the high standard of quality that John has provided. INTERCOTees helped me make it through colon cancer in 2008 and I am now a cancer survivor. You allowed me to share with you the growth of my daughter, Lindsay, to the point that she is now doing Disney planning for a travel agency, part-time in addition to her full-time job. She has been totally brainwashed since her first trip to Disneyworld approximately 33 years ago. I have never considered this a Disney website, but a family-friendly website that does the best job of sharing The Happiest Place On Earth. I could say so much more, but will not take up anymore of your valuable time and leave you with the quotes below that will tide you over from American writer, humorist, entrepreneur, publisher, and lecturer:

Famous Mark Twain Quotes
    “Never put off till tomorrow what may be done the day after tomorrow just as well.”
    “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”
    “I was educated once—it took me years to get over it.”
    “I was born modest, but it didn’t last.”
    “Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.”
    “We ought never to do wrong when people are looking.”
    “No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.”
    “Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.”
    “A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.”
    “When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.”
    “Laughter without a tinge of philosophy is but a sneeze of humor. Genuine humor is replete with wisdom.”
    “To eat is human; to digest, divine.”
    “There are no people who are quite so vulgar as the over-refined.”
    “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”
    “The funniest things are forbidden.”
    “If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go.
    “There is no sadder thing than a young pessimist, except an old optimist.”
    “If voting made any difference they wouldn’t let us do it.”
    “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”
    “Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
    “The man with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.”
    “Don’t part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.”
    “Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.”
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.”
    “Work is a necessary evil to be avoided”.
    “I don’t like to commit myself to heaven and hell—you see, I have friends in both places.”
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
    “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read”.
    “I never let my schooling interfere with my education.”
    “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
    “God created war so that Americans would learn geography.”
    “All generalizations are false, including this one.”
    “Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.”
    It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
    “The trouble ain’t that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain’t distributed right.”
    “I’ve lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.”
    “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.”
    “All good things arrive unto them that wait and don’t die in the meantime.”
    “Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.”
    “Men are like bank accounts. The more money they have, the more interest they generate.”
    “When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.”
    “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
    “No real gentleman will tell the naked truth in the presence of ladies.”
    “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it a thousand times.”
    “Behind every successful man, there is a woman – And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.”
    “Classic – a book which people praise and don’t read.”
    “All of us contain music and truth, but most of us can’t get it out.”
    “Honesty is the best policy – when there is money in it.”
    “I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time.”
    “Action speaks louder than words but nearly as often.”
    “Be good and you will be lonesome.”
    “Familiarity breeds contempt –and children.”
    “If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re mis-informed.”
    “Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink – under any circumstances.”
    “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
    “What would men be without women? Scarce, sir…mightly scarce.”
    “Worrying is like paying a debt you don’t owe.”
    “Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.”
    “ Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: This is the ideal life.”
    “April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four”.
    “Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    “I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it”.
    “A lie can run around the world six times while the truth is still trying to put on its pants.”
    “Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.”
    “History never repeats itself, but it does often rhyme.”

Excuse any typos; it is hard to type through the tears (of happiness).
    May God shower you and yours with continuous blessings.
    THINK POSITIVE!
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

29. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your time and effort to post your “positive quotes” over the years, many of which ended up pinned to the bulletin board in my office. Your quotes, and you, have both been much appreciated.
    Jeff

31. Thanks pjbs35a thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

May God bless you and keep you safe, healthy and happy! Your daily thoughts have been inspirational, aspirational, and sometimes even 'life changing.'

Thank you for the time and energy you spent to bring a little light into our days.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

33. Thanks pjbs35a thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    May God bless you and keep you safe, healthy and happy! Your daily thoughts have been inspirational, aspirational, and sometimes even 'life changing.'

Thank you for the time and energy you spent to bring a little light into our days.
    Thank you very much. It has been life-changing for me also!
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

35. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: