Quantcast Marvel – Universe of Super Heroes Exhibit in Charlotte, NC

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marvel – Universe of Super Heroes Exhibit in Charlotte, NC

Thanks to Guest Contributor: Morgan Widmaier

This month Discovery Place Science Museum in Charlotte, North Carolina became the host of the Marvel: Universe of Super Heroes Exhibit. Yes, you read right, superheroes have landed on the East Coast somewhere other than Florida! Since Charlotte is my hometown, I was honored to accept their invitation to check out this incredible exhibit.

Marvel: Universe of Super Heroes Exhibit originally began its tour in 2018 and Charlotte is its last stop before it goes overseas. It features several pieces of Marvel history on loan from private collectors which means a lot of these items have never been seen before by the public. When you hear that, it means that this could be a once-in-a-lifetime exhibit. But if that wasn’t enough, there are several pieces from the films from Marvel Studios. This exhibit is any Marvel fan’s dream!

While at the exhibit, I had the chance to interview Associate Curator, Patrick Avery and he is just a big or a Marvel (and Disney fan) and we are!

Walking through the exhibit, I was amazed by everything that was there. I was able to see original comic books, storyboards, art, toys, and movie costumes. I loved seeing how some of our favorite members of Marvel looked from when they first debuted in comics to where they are now. In some cases, they were big changes. I also really loved seeing the costumes and props from the films. I never thought I’d be this close to Captain America’s shield or Star Lord’s costume! Personally, my favorite pieces were seeing Black Widow’s costume, the Tesseract from Captain America, the first Marvel comic, the first comic featuring Spider-Man, animation cells from the animated X-Men TV series, and Daredevil’s costume. And that’s just a few items that you will see at Marvel: Universe of Super Heroes Exhibit!

In my opinion, words cannot describe all the amazing things to see here so here are some photos to help show off this exhibit:

Marvel: Universe of Super Heroes Exhibit opened at Discovery Place Science Museum on May 14th and will stay there until September 4th. This really is something that every Marvel fan will enjoy. I witnessed both kids and adults in awe of some of what you can see here! If you are in the area (and even if you’re not), I highly recommend making a trip to Charlotte, NC and check this exhibit out before it flies away!

Excelsior!
    Last edited by John; 06-05-2023 at 01:33 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: