(Me) - Former quasi-Disney expert, just past 50 years old.
(Dad) - Loves travel & adventure still, just past 80 years old. (P.S. Still rides rollercoasters) <= Okay, I admit that part worried me too.

Resort:
Disney's Yacht Club

Dates:
September 5-10th

Day 5 – Epcot

If you guessed that we had breakfast at Ale & compass again, no we actually went to Trattoria al Forno this morning. I got the yogurt & fruit dish since I wanted to keep my tummy happy. Yum, especially with the honeycomb! Dad got a traditional breakfast, but his pancakes were thick and looked really good. Then we strolled over to Epcot and intended to visit countries galore. We usually try to interact with cast members and soak in the culture as much as possible usually. However, since we were early in the park, we began exploring the Future World area, just like everyone else. I was so disoriented by the walls. Going from east pavilions to west pavilions felt like a rat in a maze with lots of other lost rats. I knew it would be great eventually, but it was not time for beauty in this area yet, lol. I got my bearings on a park bench by the giant Starbucks. We struck up a nice conversation with a couple of people and took group pictures of them for them by the mural there. I also was able to notice that our ride through the Galaxy time was here. I think that was the moment that I realized that we did not have to sit for 2 hours at Tron. Either that or our Lightening Lane came up – I’m mixing up trips now, sorry! So, we rode Guardians of the Galaxy. I loved the twirling and the launch. We got the Gloria Estaban song Conga. Now every time I hear that song, I’ll recall soaring through the galaxy – great fun! Dad said it was a good ride. Neither of us have seen any of their movies, so I was not sure why lady was green, why a raccoon could talk, and a why tree kept saying the same thing over and over. Note to self: watch the movie! <Smile>. The transport to the ship loading area was super cool by the way!

Speaking of Soaring, we flew on a hang glider around the world! I had only done that over California before. Dad really liked that experience – he remarked that it was more educational for people than just being in California. I missed the smell of oranges – but I was grateful that we didn’t smell the elephants. Ha-ha! Of course, we took our favorite floating ride through the green houses. It was great! Navigating the walls got easier because many people went to eat and drink around the world at the Food & Wine Festival. Our last ride in this area was Spaceship Earth. I think this was the same but, I forgot that the final decent scenes were replaced with a on board interactive cartoon. We laughed at our pictures, but I missed the classroom scene with the bumble bee and the music that was so inspiring in the end.

At this point, we went to stroll around the world. Well, you know how when you are on vacation, you kind of forget what day of the week it is? That is when we realized what a difference it makes for it to be a Saturday at the F&WF. Long lines for every kiosk were the norm! We kind of just dismissed the idea of sampling food at the booths. There was not a good place to park his scooter, so dad and I used the ramp in Mexico to ride the little boat to see the 3 Caballeros. When we got inside, we were blown away by the line for Tequilla – I think. It is impossible to turn a scooter around to tight quarters, so we had to excuse ourselves over and over to get to the market area so dad could turn around and then go out of the pavilion. Dad got totally stressed out in there and he no longer looked as happy to me. We carefully weaved in and out of traffic and had a delicious BBQ lunch at the American Pavilion and then we saw the animatronics show. I think I fell asleep. I never fall asleep on rides or attractions; but I don’t remember any of it, sadly. Dad liked the show a lot and was happier when it was finished. We used the bathrooms near there and dad did a couple of weird coughs and sneezes. I asked him if he felt alright. He said, “Yeah – it was just a sneeze!” I was picking up on his sudden lack of energy and I could not put my finger on exactly why. I thought that maybe we should take a rest. He insisted that he was alright. In time he admitted that he did not feel well. I was worried. He told me that he’d just go back to the room, and I should go to our Le Cellier reservation that night.

I was so reluctant to go alone, but it was too late to cancel without a penalty. I actually only agreed because I could track dad on my phone as I waited for my dinner. Dad went to the marina and looked at the boats passing by. I had fillet mignon which was delectable. My waiter was very attentive, and I did not feel too strange eating alone. Besides, everyone else was paying attention to their own people and not to me. I was still wearing my “I’m Celebrating … Family” button, so my waiter was wondering where everyone was … {blush}. I told him, “they” did not feel well. Well, he felt bad for me and offered to give me a complementary dessert. I was too much too full to eat one, so I opted for “water to go” instead. Well, at the price of water in WDW – it was a treat too! .

After I left the restaurant, I checked my phone and saw that dad was still at the marina. I was not too concerned because he was on his scooter, and he was getting fresh air. I had one more Lightening Lane for Test Track, so I scurried over there to ride it alone and then I headed to the YC Resort. I thought I spotted him, but there were a lot of people around. He came to the room a few minutes after I did, and he had quick service food from Ale & Compass Marketplace (he could track me on his phone too). We each packed up our things, but I did note that he was clearing his throat a lot more. I did not like where this was heading.