Quantcast Attraction of the Week 02/03 -- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

What can I say? Wow!

I took my first “loop” during our March vacation last year. I was prepared for the takeoff but I had no idea the thing went upside down. [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img] My teenage companions deemed this attraction their favorite. In fact they took part in a 6 time continuous round of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster on our departure day. They got up to be the first through the gates for early entry. [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]

What fun! The sounds, speed and amazing thrills. I’m proud to say; I made it cross-town. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Now my 7 year old hopes to be “big” enough to go for a spin in a limousine. He measured in at 47-¾” last month at the Doctors. We’ve been watering him daily in hopes he’s grown that extra ¼”. He’ll be so disappointed if he doesn’t. We leave in 5 days. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

What stands out for you the most? I try to soak everything up. From the queue area to the exit. I must admit. I did close my eyes a few times. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Needless to say, the hairdo one accumulates during the ride is priceless.

[img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]</p>
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that this is a GREAT ride- the take-off alone is the best! The pre-show is pretty dorky, but it's so dorky it's funny, IMO. I love the theming of the area after the pre-show; the back-alley is so realistic and the detail is fantastic!

And I have to agree with the hairdo comment- I always look like Princess Di circa 1982 in the photo gallery area. Ha ha!

This is one I have to get my mom on next time we go!
    "If you had wings, you could do all these things. Eastern will be your wings."

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

My favorite part has to be the feeling you get going from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds!!! It takes your breath away! The music is also such a great feature...
    Sarah
    "Everybody wants to be a cat!!"

1/12-VWL; 9/11-SSR-Grandstand; 5/11-SSR-Grandstand **First DVC Stay!!**; 10/10-POFQ; 9/09-AKL **Honeymoon**; 2/07-SSR- Paddock; 3/04-AKL; 5/01-DL Paris; 3/01-VWL; 12/00-Off-Site; 1/99-AS Music; 2/97-AS Sports; 2/95-AS Music; 6/93-OKW
    And many times prior...

Post Thanks / Like

I lOVE this ride. We have to figure out how to convince our l0 year old to do it, he didn't like it at all. WOOOOW, what a thrill. I didn't like however, that first loop, but the feeling disappeared immediately and I completely loved the speed of this ride. Only 67 more days!!!! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: Jillpie ]</p>
    Mar.99,00,01,02-Dixie Landings Resort; Jan,2004 (9th-18th)- First DVC trip, Beach Club Villas; April,2005 7 days Boardwalk Villas and first Disney cruise on the Wonder!; June, 2006- First time on the Disney Magic, can't wait!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I really like this ride, although I have a few problems with it. First of all, it uses cardboard cut-outs [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img] , and second of all it's WAY TOO SHORT! It needs to be longer.

Otherwise, it's a great attraction to the Studios. I can't say it's one of my favorites, though - it needs higher quality theming and a longer track.
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I love this ride. Good thing Bryan does too - because I would hate to ride on this one alone - it is so much fun!

I actually think that the track is just long enough - if it were longer I would be [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img] .

Of course the take-off is awesome, but I actually like the caged queue the best. I know it sounds odd, but watch the faces of those who have never taken the ride across town and you will see that I mean. The looks of anticipation as they watch the take-off is priceless.
    Eva a.k.a. EvaBryan

Next up:
    Not sure.... Probably Christmas '06 at FW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't decide if I like this ride or not. The first time, I kept my eyes closed. The second time, I forced myself to keep them open. The last several times have been part of my onoging effort to determine if I want to keep doing it. Guess I'll have to ride it again on my next trip to see if I can arrive at a final determination.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I was not an Aerosmith fan until I rode this ride. It is also the only roller coaster that DH will go on. We enjoy this ride so much that we will even use one of our Maingate Pass entries (we get 12 per year) just to go ride this.
    I also enjoy watching the looks on peoples faces when they see it for the first time. Priceless.
    For those that are not sure they want to ride it, go through the pre-show and check out the alleyway where they load the limos. There is a way to duck out last minute if you change your mind. Just let a CM know.

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
    What can I say? Wow!

Now my 7 year old hopes to be “big” enough to go for a spin in a limousine. He measured in at 47-¾” last month at the Doctors. We’ve been watering him daily in hopes he’s grown that extra ¼”. He’ll be so disappointed if he doesn’t. We leave in 5 days. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]
    <hr></blockquote>

Carole, forgot to ask in my earlier post if that measurement was with or without shoes. If it was without, he should be ok. Sneakers will add a little "lift" to his height [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

An awesome addition to the Studios! Great themeing along with great music. Most rollercoasters don't have a storyline, but this one does and it follows through with it with the limo themeing and the road signs. The first time I saw the takeoff, it made me a little nervous to get on the ride. I got on and I have enjoyed it ever since.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

This ride is just way too cool. I can't get enough. DH missed it on 1st trip cause DD#2 was too small. He thought he'd get another chance, but didn't that year. Next year she was still too short. He was gonna sit out again with her, but I convinced him not too. He won't miss it again. 3rd year and DD finally made it without a hair to spare. After wishing that she was big enough, she began to have 2nd thoughts. I thought Oh Great, now that we can all ride together she won't go. She did with a little encouragement. She LOVED it too!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Karen upside down? [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Carol: If your son's that close, go to Wal-Mart and get some thick insoles for him, or else get some shoes with extra-thick soles. That should give him his extra height.
    Karen

--------------------------------

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Question everything!

Post Thanks / Like

all I can say is "WOWWWWWWWWWWW" I love this ride. I also agree that the take off really takes your breath away!!! I just got my dad and stepmom on this 3 weeks ago and they were scared at first but then loved it!! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Jenni b
    "if you can shape it in your mind, you can find it in your life."
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great ride. The takeoff is the best part, with the countdown and the tires squealing and the music playing. This ride has great theming to it.
    "Behold, the Great Millenium Walk..." TTFN - Mike

Post Thanks / Like

A great coaster! I love the RnRc and always manage to ride a couple of times. However, I don't think that Walt would approve of the theme of a Rock n Roll band like Aerosmith. Not that anything is wrong with Aerosmith, I happened to like them. I just think the theme should be a little different.
    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas! --WDW Monorail

"No matter how the wind howls, a mountain cannot bow to it." --The Emperor, Mulan

Post Thanks / Like

I love it I love it I love it! Disney always finds a way to take things to the "next level" and they sure have taken the Roller Coaster to that. I am a big coaster fan..ridden hundreds...am an official ACE (american coaster enthusiasts) member [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] and what not and I must say RnRc is one of if not the best coaster I have ever been on! two thumbs up [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's finally time to give RnRC a whirl. I have always been the biggest coaster wimp known to man, but judging by the fantastic reviews here, I think I have to give it a spin in May.

The takeoff seems unbelievable! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: