Quantcast Tink's Flight

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Tink's Flight

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the best place to view Tink's flight from the castle?
    thanks

43 days and counting [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Sheri<br />"But why is the rum gone?" Capt. Jack Sparrow POC<br />Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!!<br />Fish are friends not food!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think standing on the bridge to Tomorrowland is the best place to see Tink because she flies right over your head. If you are standing closer to the castle, you can't see the fireworks afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Disney-4-Me:
    I think standing on the bridge to Tomorrowland is the best place to see Tink because she flies right over your head. If you are standing closer to the castle, you can't see the fireworks afterwards.
    I completely agree 100% with that. The bridge to Tomorrowland is an amazing place to see Tinker Bell's Flight. She literally will zoom directly over your head, and then you will have a great view of the fireworks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Disney-4-Me:
    I second that!!! It is the best view! I think the kids enjoy her trip down more than the fireworks. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 ș0ș

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the street on the right side of the hub (as you face the Castle), about even with the Tomorrowland entrance. That way Tink doesn't pass directly over you (so she'll look smaller) and you'll have a mostly unobstructed view of the fireworks right over the Castle.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I agree with joelkfla. Just make sure that you don't stand in front of trees that can block you view of the fireworks. This is always the highlight of our trip my DD6 and I both love seeing Tink [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Disneyland 8/1992; CBR 4/2000; Port Orleans 4/2000; Disney Wonder 4/2000; Port Orleans 2/2001; Port Orleans Riverside 4/2002; Disney Wonder 4/2002; Off-site 8/2002; Off-site 4/2003; Off-site 8/2003; Hilton DTD 4/2004; Doubletree Club LBV 3/2005;Disney Wonder 4/2006; Off-site 4/2006; off-site 8/2006

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Sheri<br />"But why is the rum gone?" Capt. Jack Sparrow POC<br />Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!!<br />Fish are friends not food!

Post Thanks / Like

SouthernmostGopher, I read in one of your other posts that you are going to be at a MNSSHP night. Do you know that a witch will be flying instead of Tinker Bell?

I just wanted to make sure your 2 year old isn't expecting Tinker Bell and gets a witch instead.

No hysterical little girls! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Tink does not fly during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party or Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
    You need to instead be standing in front of the castle for the fireworks. Half way through the fireworks will halt and a mini show will happen at the castle with characters poping in and out of parts of the castle followed by a surprise flight down Tinkerbells wire.
    I'd rather be@Walt Disney World :)<br />'04<br />&gt;12/17-24@AS:S,MVMCP<br />&gt;12/3-5@AS:S,MVMCP<br />10/22-24@PC,MNSSHP<br />10/8-10@AS:S,MNSSHP<br />8/1-6,9/10@DoI:N,9/11-12,9/26@DoI:BB<br />7/16-19@PC<br />7/2-5@AS:Mv<br />6/18-21@PC<br />1/1-4,1/16-18,5/4-11,6/5DoI:MI<br />42 days, so far@WDW in '04<br />&gt;586 days@WDW as of 1/1/4<br />'02)68 days@WDW+3 DoI:MI+MJ+Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'02)65 days@WDW+1 DoI:Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'01)53 days@WDW+1 D.onIce:TS2, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'00)36 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'99)46 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'72-'99)AS:Mu, DIx2, Poly x2, GF, C

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I heard about the witch @ mnsshp. Thanks
    I am really excited about seeing this event for the first time. So far the majority have said bridge to tomorrowland. I had read somewhere that there is an observation deck near the exit of BTMR that was a great viewing spot. I don't believe you can see Tink though...anybody ever tried this spot?
    somogopher
    41 days till Dole Whips [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

[ September 03, 2002, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: SouthernmostGopher ]

Montreal,Quebec,Canada,North America,Northern Hemisphere,Planet Earth,Milky Way
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to had something though to this conversation. When I was there in July I talked to some cast members and they told me that people thought that the best view for the fireworks was , well, anywhere in front of the castle, and that it was false. The best place to view the fireworks, according to some of them, is in Toontown. I don't know if you can see tinkerbell from there thougt but the fireworks are launched from behind the castle, therefore it's better to see them from toontown.

I havn't tried though [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Max
    șoș<b>Max</b>șoș<br /><i>Disney fan since 1985</i><br /><br /><b>1985-2003</b> Many trips filled with magical and wonderful memories...!<br /><b>July 2004</b> : Pop Century<br /><br />** Signature updated upon request by *Liz* **

Post Thanks / Like

Are there ant CMs out there who have done Tinks flight? And are they girls or not? Of course the real Tink is a girl fairy, but you know what I mean

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Thats where I stood when I saw the fireworks during my 1997 band trip. It was kind of funny because a bird landed on the line and she had to stop. My friends standing closer to the castle didnt realize that had happened. Im not sure they were aware she even flew across the park!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard the same rumor, that Tink is usually a man, because of a body weight requirement, but I've never had it explained to me.

Several people on hiddenmickeys have reported that when they've stood on that Tomorrowland bridge mentioned above, Tinkerbell usually waves to them. A little extra bonus for you.
    Ben<br /><br />Spring 82 - Off-site (motorhome)<br />Spring 03 - Off-site<br />DL (off-site): Summer 80, Spring 88, Summer 93, Summer 95, Winter 99, Summer 99<br /><br />If you can dream it, you can do it. But will you?

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by alittle figment of your imagination:
    I have to had something though to this conversation. When I was there in July I talked to some cast members and they told me that people thought that the best view for the fireworks was , well, anywhere in front of the castle, and that it was false. The best place to view the fireworks, according to some of them, is in Toontown. I don't know if you can see tinkerbell from there thougt but the fireworks are launched from behind the castle, therefore it's better to see them from toontown.Max
    I've watched them from Toontown Fair. It is the closest you can get to them, so if you just want to see and feel the fireworks, yes, it's a good place to watch. But you won't see Tink, the castle, or (depending where you're standing) hear the music.

So if you want to experience the full show, meaning the fireworks, the castle lighting effects, Tink's flight, and the music, IMO the best spot is still from the right side of the Hub, near the bridge to Tomorrowland.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: