Quantcast PolyGirl40’s Pre-Trip Report - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
    However, my final payment is lost in the mail - somewhere between New York and Florida.

<hr></blockquote>

Yippee! Another dilemma resolved. I just got a call from CRO - My check has arrived. Not bad, huh? Four weeks. I wonder where it has been.

[img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You are as obsessive with planning as I am! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Sounds like you've had as much fun planning as you will when you arrive. Glad to hear you're working on that budget gene -- doctors can do wonders these days. Have a WONDERFUL trip!
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

Carol,
    You could have told us to get something to eat and drink before sitting down to read this!!

No, seriously, you're the best!! You did an absolutely fantastic job planning this trip all by yourself!!

Remember, have an amazing time!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Carol,
    That was the most awesome pre-trip report ever! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I hope you enjoy LeCellier as much as we did in October. I don't blame you for switching from the All-Stars. We have had trouble with noise each time we have been. Are you taking IBEX to get to Sea World also or are you taking a taxi?
    Have a wonderful trip! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: Narcoossee'sFan ]</p>
    Valerie a.k.a. Narcoossee'sFan

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
    Yippee! Another dilemma resolved. I just got a call from CRO - My check has arrived. Not bad, huh? Four weeks. I wonder where it has been.

[img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] Yay! That's great news, Carol! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

I just re-read your entire trip report, Carol! It's just as good the 2nd time around!

I have 2 suggestions for you:

1) If you'd like to get a SeaWorld brochure prior to getting to SeaWorld, ask the conceirge staff...they have them hidden in one of the cabinets. They are not allowed to display them and they make you swear you didn't receive it from them!

2) Since you were able to save so much money and since your hubby found out about your AKL secret, why don't you surprise your entire family by upgrading to a limo with IBEX? We promise not to tell!
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the ideas Lubey. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Narcoossee'sFan:
    Are you taking IBEX to get to Sea World also or are you taking a taxi?
    <hr></blockquote>

I think we'll just call a cab when we are ready to leave the resort and then Sea World. We will not have to rush at either end with a designated pick up time.
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, that might be a good idea for the cab thing. I'm trying to figure out that too, to go back and forth to Sea World...I'm thinking we'd be looking at our watches the whole time late in the afternoon to make sure we're there for Ibex...mmm now ya got me thinkin of more stuff!!!
    Mar.99,00,01,02-Dixie Landings Resort; Jan,2004 (9th-18th)- First DVC trip, Beach Club Villas; April,2005 7 days Boardwalk Villas and first Disney cruise on the Wonder!; June, 2006- First time on the Disney Magic, can't wait!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

WOW what planning. Im a active duty US Navy man living life in Puerto Rico with just me and my 7 year old son. Im taking advantage of the free entry of military and taking this op. to take my son to WDW which he has never seen. Being very budget minded the 7 day ultimate hopper pass for my son and I will cost 130.00 Were staying at the All star Movies at 49.00 a night. We will be there from 6th Apr. 02 to 14 Apr 02.
    Tiffany towncar from the airport with a grocery stop. $$ it helps to buy snacks then pay in WDW. Were requesting the quitest section of All Star Movies we shall see. Also taking advantage of the Armed forces salute with Universal Studios for a day. For us military folks this is the greatest chance for me to take my son to WDW on the cheap. You can make PS ressies up to 120 days at some eateries and others 60 days. I have mine made already. As well as the towncar from airport. Airline tickets from San Juan Puerto Rico to Orlando are running us about 500 for two roundtrip. the hotel for 8 nights 400. and park fees 130. Im sure most of you will acknowlege that at these prices one must take advantage of them for us folks on a $ pinch. We hope to avoid the spring breakers by arriving on the 6th of apr. with easter on the 31st of mar. the summer special doesnt start till the 21st of apr. Working on daily plans there with my boy. Dont know if a 7 year old will take the 120 ft plunge at blizzard beach but he says now he wants to try it. Would welcome anyone with any input on making this the best trip for my son and I are welcome.
    thanks.
    Tony
    Navy Lab Tech of 18 1/2 years<br />Serving in Puerto Rico currently on last tour.<br />Single daddy and loving it. <br />Disneyland Ca. 3 times each year from 97-99.<br />First trip to WDW April 6th

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by tonyr:
    Im a active duty US Navy man living life in Puerto Rico with just me and my 7 year old son. Would welcome anyone with any input on making this the best trip for my son and I are welcome.
    thanks.
    Tony
    Tony, Welcome to Intercot! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Thank you for your service to our country. [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] My recommendation to you is not to become a slave to your plans. If you don't get to everything, don't worry. I am a big planner (especially for my Disney trips), but I don't feel bad if I can't make a seating or have a change of schedule. I hope you have a wonderful trip! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Valerie a.k.a. Narcoossee'sFan

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Carol!!! I love the price at the Poly you got. That is awesome. Please be sure your post trip report is as good as your pre trip report is. [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Post Thanks / Like

Today's the day Carol!! Just want to wish you a fabulous trip, and I cannot wait for the trip-reports. We're all hoping they are as good as the pre-trip reports. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Polygirl:

Love your pretrip report, you are like me your always thinking and rearranging.
    I was wondering around what time you are arriving at the akl. We are going there also, but after a two day drive, so I am estimating that we will arrive there around 4 p.m.

I am concerned about arriving so late that we will not get our preferred sleeping arrangements, or view, so I was just curious what others do. Also we were going to try the dolphin with a great rate, when I went over things with my husband he thought we were going to the poly again, as we love it there to. So now I have to figure out which one to go to. Thanks,

Deb.
    Debby

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by debby:
    Hi Polygirl:

I was wondering around what time you are arriving at the akl. We are going there also, but after a two day drive, so I am estimating that we will arrive there around 4 p.m.

Deb,

I just got home. I’m totally exhausted, - but wanted to respond to your question.

We arrived around 5 p.m.. I made several requests via my original reservations and a follow up fax two days before arriving.

Absolutely every one of them was honored. I’ll give more details later. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Awesome pre-trip report, Carol! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. We hope you and your boys enjoyed AKL as much as we did! Now...go start typing more trip reports! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Meg
    DVC Owner at AKV and BCV
    Upcoming Trips
    6/11--AKV & BCV with Kim & Gary
    8/11--Alaska on the Disney Wonder
    6/12--AKV with Jess, BCV just the two of us
    6/14--AKV & BCV just the two of us

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Carol. I filled in for you with an Attraction of the Week post while you were gone (Buzz). I'm one the edge of my seat, waiting for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, that souned awesome! I can't wait for the trip report either! You really got very good deals with everything, and gave me some advice as well! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Welcome back Carol! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

I'll start my reports as soon as my lost luggage arrives. I'm missing two bags. One of which includes all of my notes and trip information. Good news though. They have been located. Apparently my bag decided to not leave Orlando until last night. [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] My son's bag took a major detour onto a Boston flight. It then went to Newark and JFK via American Airlines. (We fly Delta.) They both should be arriving in Hartford today and sent by courier to my home.

I'm just thankful it was found. My teenager has been a lil' ol' bear worrying about his "stuff". Stay tuned. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Disney_nut:
    I filled in for you with an Attraction of the Week post while you were gone (Buzz).
    Thanks, Jared.

[ February 20, 2002, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

[img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] Yay! I'm glad they found your luggage Carol! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

I can't wait to hear how your trip went.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: