Quantcast Food in checked Baggage?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I plan on packing my cooler on wheels with pre-packaged food items, cereal, crackers, P- Nut Butter, etc..... and even some juice boxes.
    Has anyone had problems doing this, with all the new TSB restrictions? I checked the site and it didn't say 'NO FOOD'.
    Tiggers are wonderful things!<br /><br /><br />Honeymoon Disney world 1983<br />Disneyland (off site)2000<br />Wilderness Lodge April 2003<br />'The Suite' SOG April 2004

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

The luggage compartment isn't pressurized....I would be leary of that...the juice boxes are likely to explode,as may the food. I'd buy the food when you get there at a local store.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Welcome to Intercot! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

I've packed food before and haven't had a problem with it exploding, but I haven't ever packed juice boxes. To be on the safe side, it would be a good idea to put the items in Ziploc type bags (wet in one, dry in another, etc.), just in case.

The other thing about packing food in your checked-in baggage is that they are now x-raying all checked bags, and I've read that food usually shows up as being suspicious, so the bags end up with a hand search. So, just be aware of that!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by TiggerRPh:
    The luggage compartment isn't pressurized....I would be leary of that...the juice boxes are likely to explode,as may the food. I'd buy the food when you get there at a local store.
    Actually the luggage compartment is pressurized. However it is not heated in the same manner as the passenger cabin. While the juice boxes won't explode because of the pressure difference they may explode if they freeze (which for the most part in unlikely since baggage holds are heated just not to extent of the passenger cabin).

[ February 14, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: discjoker ]
    October 2001-AKL-Honeymoon!
    September 2002-OKW
    February 2003-Offsite-Doubletree Club LBV
    December 2004-Pop Century
    November 2007-ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that the TSA is recommending against placing food in checked luggage, as the density of some food items is sufficient to show up as a "false positive" when checked luggage is screened...best to buy your food when you arrive.

TheFoo [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I like to pack a few food items just to save me a bit of time and cost once I get there. Things like snack crackers with cheese or peanutbutter, a bag of chocolates. Not a lot but it's nice to have something on hand before you're able to pick up things. I have also learned to pack a plastic bottle of soda, never pack cans because they can explode. Having that bottle of soda saves a lot of money when you're really thirsty and a can is 2.00 from the vending machine.
    "A mouse named Mortimer would be too pretentious" ~Mrs. Walt Disney~ <br /><br />Six Trips Down..... <br />Many More To GO!!!<br /><br />August 2002 Downtown Disney Hilton<br />*****<br />September 2002 Off Site (Tampa)<br />*****<br />October 2002 <br />MNSSHP<br />Off Site, Downtown Disney and finally, on-site Animal Kingdom Lodge! <br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />December 2002<br />MVMCP/CP<br />Off Site <br />Kissimmee<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />April 2003<br />Birthday Trip Off Site Kissimme<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />August-September 2003 <br />Off Site Kissimmee

Post Thanks / Like

I packed a few bottles of water on my last trip, If I had known for sure it was OK I would have brought more.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for all your help........the water and soda sounds good [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Maybe, I will freeze the juice boxes and double wrap to be sure.
    I will let you know how it all goes, we are traveling April 14th for eight days.
    Tiggers are wonderful things!<br /><br /><br />Honeymoon Disney world 1983<br />Disneyland (off site)2000<br />Wilderness Lodge April 2003<br />'The Suite' SOG April 2004

Post Thanks / Like

I will let you know how my food makes it. I leave next week. I have the rolling cooler bag (saving fridge $) and have already packed cereal basrs, koolaid and crystal lite powder packets (nasty water down there). Don't forget the big freezer bags to fill that cooler up with ice!
    All Star Music, March 2002
    Contemporary, Feb 2003
    SOG Dec 2006
    Pop Century April 2007
    SOG June 2009-Star Wars Weekend
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek Sept 2011-first time off-site
    Sheraton Vistana Dec 2013-second time off-site

Wyndham Anaheim Disneyland 2015-First Disneyland[/FONT]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: