Quantcast AAA Membership - Is it worth it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

We booked our first trip about a month ago through disneyworld.com. Can you get a AAA membership discount after the trip is booked? If so how much does it save you? (It is the Texas AAA)
    Thanks for any assistance you can offer us.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if you can save anything through Disney but here's a vote for having AAA anyway... when we were at Downtown Disney one trip we lost our rental car keys. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] We called the rental company and they sent someone out within 10 minutes. Our AAA membership payed for the entire thing.

I know if you book your trip through AAA you often get pluses like Diamond Lot parking, AAA lounge access, Wishes seating, and some discounts on hotel and ticket prices. Don't know if you can get them after the fact...

Anyone else?
    TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that reads this needs to pay attention to what I'm going to say next:

YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO NOT BE A AAA MEMBER!!!!!!

We joined about 3 years ago. We ALWAYS get our membership back in SAVINGS ALONE!!!! Save on this hotel here - this purchase there - this resturaunt here - something else over there. Once you get used to remembering to ask it they take AAA - the savings add up and pay for our membership every year.

We use it so much now that we are making money off of it! (by saving beyond the membership price.

Then of course - comes the emergency help that is SO WORTH IT WHEN YOU NEED IT. And so easy too!

You can't afford to not be a member. Sign up today!

And no - I do not work for them!
    In 1979 there was such a long car ride from the highway to the MK parking lot. I didn't understand why. I'm going back for the first time in April - I wonder if they've done anything with the land in between since then.

Post Thanks / Like

JOIN AND GET YOUR DISCOUNT!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I can't remember what $$ our discount was, but it was FAR greater than the cost of the annual membership. I couldn't believe the difference it made! We made our original res. then discovered how much difference it was going to make...I called AAA and they gave me a # over the phone so I could call Disney Reservation back right away. Not to mention, I love their other services (especially the Trip-Tik [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ).
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

The last time I booked a trip on my own, I called an made my room reservation, then remembered I had forgotten to ask about the AAA discount. I called back and they applied the discount. I did need to provide my membership information in order for the discount to be applied. For that trip, there were no more Annual Pass discounts available (I also had an annual pass) for the resort I wanted to stay in so the AAA discount was a real bonus!

Now I use Magical Journeys to book my trips for me. They automatically apply the best possible discount to my reservation. If that's the AAA discount, then they do that for me.

I don't remember how much of a savings I got with the discount but, then, any savings is certainly worth it!

TikiGoddess: I believe the bonuses you've listed are available only when you book a complete package through AAA - not on room only reservations.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I just booked a last minute trip to Disney two weeks ago and received a AAA discount over the phone. I was going to book on-line but couldn't figure out how to apply a discount so I called. It saved me nearly $200 on the Yacht Club. The cast member didn't take a member number, but said to have the card available at check-in. I wouldn't travel without it! AAA is worth it!!
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Question

When you book through MJ using your AAA membership, do you get the Diamond Card for parking and all of the other discounts??
    September 2002 - Coronado Springs
    June 9-17, 2005 - All-Star Movies
    June 11-18, 2009 - Pop Century
    May 19-22, 2011 - POR
    May 22-26, 2011 - Disney Dream - our first Disney cruise
    June 11-18, 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Another AAA fan checking in. I saved about $400 last year, using AAA, on hotel discounts alone [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] . Savings can be up to 20% on the resorts at WDW depending on what time of year it is and what level of resort you're staying at. The rooms for the discounts are limited though, so ask for the discount ASAP. Our local AAA charges $40/year for the basic membership, but the cost varies depending on your locale.
    Tam
    12/03-offsite 6/04-offsite
    11/04-FW Campground
    6/05-offsite
    12/05 Magical Gathering!-House rental
    6/06-offsite 10/06-offsite
    1/08-First trip with baby!!
    Universal-11/08 HRH. Added MVMCP and a day at Epcot for my Disney fix!
    1/2010, 11/10-offsite

6/16-Booked at POP

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by LorrieP:
    When you book through MJ using your AAA membership, do you get the Diamond Card for parking and all of the other discounts??
    As faline mentioned above, these benefits are only provided if you book a AAA package through AAA.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have read on this or another board that the discount is 15-20% off of room only. I just saved 20% on a value resort ASM in Value season, late Sept. It does pay for itself. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: