Quantcast Are AP's worth it now?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

We currently have AP's, But with 10 day Hoppers being only $232 I'm not sure if it is worth it anymore. AP's are currently $465. Thats more than double the price of 20 days of Park Hopping. Please help us decide. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ February 06, 2005, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: pdrlkr ]
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We currently have AP's, But with 10 day Hoppers being only $232 I'm not sure if it is worth it anymore. AP's are currently $515. Thats more than double the price of 20 days of Park Hopping. Please help us decide.
    Are you comparing a 10 day non park hopper pass that expires against a Premium Annual Pass?

You numbers aren't making sense, an AP goes for $420 not $515. If you're talking about a Premium Pass, it's $548. The 10 day "equivalent" is like $412.

You mention you already have AP, so my numbers might be off, you would be looking at renewal prices I assume. The BIGGEST factor is the no-epiry option. Going once a year, it's probably better to go MYW, if you go more than once, that expiration charge makes it tough to swallow I think.

Post Thanks / Like

For the price of the new ticket plan, does that count park hopping priveledges? I was asking myself the same question when the ads for the new tickets came out, but when you start adding park hopping abilities, there was no comparison. It is still worth it for us to buy the A/Ps since we get 24 or so days' admission with park hopping priveledges AND we visit up to three parks per day - Early Magic Hour, then switch to another park, then end up at MK or Epcot for fireworks. A/P rates for the room are definitely still a huge bonus, provided they continue to offer them.

I guess if you don't park hop and don't get more than one trip out of your A/P, it would be something to seriously think about. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by DizneyRox:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />We currently have AP's, But with 10 day Hoppers being only $232 I'm not sure if it is worth it anymore. AP's are currently $515. Thats more than double the price of 20 days of Park Hopping. Please help us decide.
    Are you comparing a 10 day non park hopper pass that expires against a Premium Annual Pass?

You numbers aren't making sense, an AP goes for $420 not $515. If you're talking about a Premium Pass, it's $548. The 10 day "equivalent" is like $412.

You mention you already have AP, so my numbers might be off, you would be looking at renewal prices I assume. The BIGGEST factor is the no-epiry option. Going once a year, it's probably better to go MYW, if you go more than once, that expiration charge makes it tough to swallow I think.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I checked again and It is $465 for an AP. Anyway the way I calculated, if you are going 2 times in one year, you can buy a 10 day Hopper on each trip and it would still be cheaper than the AP. Sorry for the confusion I will edit my original post. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ February 06, 2005, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: pdrlkr ]
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by KylesMom:
    For the price of the new ticket plan, does that count park hopping priveledges? I was asking myself the same question when the ads for the new tickets came out, but when you start adding park hopping abilities, there was no comparison. It is still worth it for us to buy the A/Ps since we get 24 or so days' admission with park hopping priveledges AND we visit up to three parks per day - Early Magic Hour, then switch to another park, then end up at MK or Epcot for fireworks. A/P rates for the room are definitely still a huge bonus, provided they continue to offer them.

I guess if you don't park hop and don't get more than one trip out of your A/P, it would be something to seriously think about. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    It does include park Hopping. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

After a lot of thought I just renewed my AP.
    This was a hard decision because To renew a
    4-park only Annual Pass was $378.08. {Ages 10 and up}This discount was because I renewed before my anniversary date. if not It would have cost
    $420.68.
    My total with room discounts would have come out about the same to buy MYW and pay full price on the room.
    I really think that Disney may not have any disc.
    on resort rooms during the summer for AP holders because they expexct the hotels to fill up without offering them. So my real reason was to keep an AP for future discounts, hopefully at Christmas time. Does any one else think the new ticket prices may be just for the 18 month celebration? If I let my AP expire I would lose
    my renewal price for next year.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

1. I've never had a problem getting an AP rate during the summer. I usually go July 4th. There is ALWAYS a celebration going on, so don't read too much into that.

2. You use to have a 1 month "grace period" on the AP renewal. The expiration date never changes. Add one year to the existing expiration date, regardless of when you renew it.

Example:
    You have an AP that will expire on July 1, 2005.

Renew on June 1st, 2005, your new pass will expire on July 1, 2006.

Renew on July 31st, 2005, your new pass will expire on July 1, 2006.

I normally use my AP for two trips, let it expire for a year, then pay the full price and use it for another two trips. The difference in price is worth it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

For us, and the way we will use our tickets this year, the APs are no longer worth it. The old "8 days in the parks is the break even point" is no longer true. I believe it is 11 days now...someone correct me if I'm wrong. We don't hop-or at least we haven't in the past-so I'm going to start out by not purchasing that aspect of the MYW. That makes the break even point even longer for us. Last year we went 3 times on our APs-but that was a one time deal. Now, it'll only be twice a year that we go, so that's something else I had to take into account. We also don't stay onsite...so no discounts there for us. The 10 day, no expiration, MYW ticket (and bought in advance from a broker) is much less expensive for us now.
    Tam
    12/03-offsite 6/04-offsite
    11/04-FW Campground
    6/05-offsite
    12/05 Magical Gathering!-House rental
    6/06-offsite 10/06-offsite
    1/08-First trip with baby!!
    Universal-11/08 HRH. Added MVMCP and a day at Epcot for my Disney fix!
    1/2010, 11/10-offsite

6/16-Booked at POP

Post Thanks / Like

I agree...the breakeven seems to be in the 11-12 day range now. One thing to add in though is that with the AP you get free parking, so if you have a car thats a saving of $8/day or $80 over a 10 day period. Plus, with the AP you would get a discount at World of Disney in DD (10% - I think)...plus some other benefits.

I'm trying to decide myself whether to go with a 10 day "hopper" at $232 or an AP at $395...

Post Thanks / Like

Trying not to confuse this issue too much but don't you get free parking anyway if you stay at a WDW resort.
    CSR - Sept 2005 - POLY - Jan 2003
    DL - Jan 2000 - CSR - May 1999
    PO - April 1997 - CBR - Dec 1995
    Disney Villas - 1988 - Off-site - 1978

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by King Triton:
    [QB] One thing to add in though is that with the AP you get free parking, so if you have a car thats a saving of $8/day or $80 over a 10 day period. QB]
    That's true. I should've mentioned that because I did account for that when making my decision. The MYW still came out as the better option for us. Three APs would've cost me $1262.01 for the regular APs. The MYW 10 day, no expiration with the Plus Pack is costing me $1023 including tax and shipping. A savings of $239.01 and we each get 5 plus options that I didn't have with the regular AP. As I said, I didn't opt to buy the hopping option, but even if I did, it would've still been cheaper for us to buy the MYW and we still would've had the Plus options.

It's very individualized depending on how you use your tickets, where you buy from, where you stay, and how long/often you go.
    Tam
    11/04-FW Campground
    6/05-offsite
    1/2010, 11/10-offsite

6/16-Booked at POP

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by belbook:
    Trying not to confuse this issue too much but don't you get free parking anyway if you stay at a WDW resort.
    Yes, so if you stay onsite that isn't even a consideration, but possible AP room discounts is.
    Tam
    11/04-FW Campground
    6/05-offsite
    1/2010, 11/10-offsite

6/16-Booked at POP

Post Thanks / Like

A room discount would be the selling point for us. We are going for 10 days on Thanksgiving and don't know if discounts will happen then. So for now we wait....
    Sharon
    * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * *~ ~ * * ~

Get me there soon or I might just go nuts!

1981 - Polynesian

2002- Wilderness Lodge

2005 - Port Orleans Riverside

2010 - POP Century

2017 in the works

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: