Quantcast American Idol - Season 6 - Page 33

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    As far as Blake knowing what to expect, he did say he never watched the show at all before and auditioned because his friend drug him along so it's possible he wasn't really familiar with the cheesy coronation song. And as far as us making excuses, would Idol ever make Jordin beat box through a song? ....Everyone has different strengths.
    That was my thought process too--to try and imagine Jordin singing hip-hop or doing a beat-box thing like Blake would have truly made her look out of her element. Yet that was the position Blake was in, in my opinion--no excuses intended. That ballad (which was extra sappy, even by American Idol standards) was right up Jordin's ally. Which is good, because she'll probably be releasing it as a single in a few weeks.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    The rumor mill says none other than Mrs. Ex Federline herself will be singing tonight at the finale...
    Oh, you have got to be kidding!

Are they going to use her as an example of what these two shouldn't do when they get rich and famous?!?!?!
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allie_to_you View Post
    No, that final song wasn't suited to Blake but just because it wasn't his style of music doesn't mean he couldn't have performed it well. Jordin performed it better because she is a better singer. People try to make to many excuses for someone when they don't do something well or don't win. Perhaps the reason he might not win is because Jordin is better, not because he got stuck with that final song.
    And I did say in the same post that she is the better singer. I think Blake's a better performer. Idol is based on both. I also said that Jordin deserved the win. I didn't make excuses at all.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sooo, Sanjaya was at Venice Beach the other day with cheerleaders from my school --- apparently they were filming the pilot for a new reality show. He was sporting a UCLA Bruin blue-and-gold mohawk!
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Congrats Jordin!

Congrats to Jordin Sparks!
    She deserves it and was expected to win, but I would have prefered a more "shocking" ending with Blake winning
    Chris
    "WDWizard"

Last Trip: Disney's Hollywood Studios/Blizzard Beach June 2008

Next Trip: Not anytime soon. Been there, seen it all, have too many t-shirts.

Post Thanks / Like

So, I record American Idol on my DVR and for some reason IT SHUT OFF BEFORE THE WINNER WAS ANNOUNCED!!!
    Ok, I feel better now I knew Intercot would have the info. Thank you WDWizard
    I think it was a good show but I have to admit, I definitely enjoyed seeing Joe Perry........sigh...........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet822 View Post
    So, I record American Idol on my DVR and for some reason IT SHUT OFF BEFORE THE WINNER WAS ANNOUNCED!!!
    Ok, I feel better now I knew Intercot would have the info. Thank you WDWizard
    I think it was a good show but I have to admit, I definitely enjoyed seeing Joe Perry........sigh...........
    Yea, it ran over about 5 minutes or so. I figured it might so I set up my DVR to record the local news as well. I liked seeing Joe as well and I'm glad he got to come back again after they paired him up with Sanjaya

Way to go Jordin. As much as I love Blake, she is the type of singer this competition was made for. Loved loved loved her duet with Ruben. I almost forgot how great of a singer he actually is.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a busy evening and forgot to set up TiVo to record American Idol, but it looks like there were no surprises. I believe Jordin winning the competition was appropriate and I know we'll see both Jordin and Blake in the music stores soon....
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Jordin was no surprise. It was a pretty close competition, but I think she has the better voice.
    The show tonight was an absolute joke. Nothing like drawing it out, and filling in the time with junk. Like the awards - enough is enough of the reject auditioners - I thought the finale was supposed to be a little more classy than that. The show was just a hodge podge of filler. IF I watch next season - I'll just tune in for the last 10 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    IF I watch next season - I'll just tune in for the last 10 minutes.
    Amen!

I am glad Jordin won though, at least SOMEONE from Arizona managed to win something this year! (wait, was that a sports reference from ME?)
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

So I was back at the Kodak theater this afternoon (Wednesday). A few of the people I saw going into the Kodak, David Hasselhoff, Teri Hatcher, David Alan Grier, Dave Foley, Heather McCartney .... I was not one of them. I didn't get into the theater this time. Too many fans, and a higher demand for tickets for the final show tonight. In fact I listened to one woman talk about how she had 3 tickets ripped from her hand before she could go into the theater. Security chased the person, but didn't catch them.

I did get an email invitation to see the Green Day performace, but I was at work. They taped that segment about 3 hours before the rest of the show, then just inserted it into the middle of the live show.

I didn't think this show was produced as well as last years final show. It's always fun seeing the other Idol singers, and some of the special guest ... A few of the bits were very predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I am glad Jordin won though, at least SOMEONE from Arizona managed to win something this year!
    As someone who still considers himself an Arizonan, I feel the same way. I was very happy Jordin won, not that I was surprised. I can just imagine how proud her parents are tonight. Both her and Blake will have great careers after this. Jordin becomes the youngest winner of American Idol ... it will be hard for the judges to use the excuse a person is too young now.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The result was expected. I was sorta hoping Blake would pull out a miracle there, but it was not to be.

Best performance of the night, by far, was Green Day. They're incredible. I have to keep track of them in case they tour I really want to go see them. I thought that performance of Working Class Hero was awesome! They did John proud.

The rest of the show was ... kinda ... eh. Some of the ex-Idols were entertaining, some were just okay ... I can't say I was a big fan of that Beatles medley. Taylor MURDERED A Day in the Life (which is one of my favorite Beatles songs), and the very idea of having Ruben Studdard sing Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds must violate every law of musical good taste.

The only two I thought did justice to their songs were Kelly (who I thought rocked on Sgt. Pepper) and Carrie, who sounded outstanding on She's Leaving Home.

I have to admit I also enjoyed Blake with Doug E. Fresh. Being an old school rap fan, it was cool to see Doug E. back in da houze!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    Taylor MURDERED A Day in the Life (which is one of my favorite Beatles songs), and the very idea of having Ruben Studdard sing Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds must violate every law of musical good taste.

The only two I thought did justice to their songs were Kelly (who I thought rocked on Sgt. Pepper) and Carrie, who sounded outstanding on She's Leaving Home.
    I agree with all that -- oh my goodness, the only version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds that was worse than that was when William Shatner released it (no, I am not kidding). I loved Sgt Pepper!

But also, I loved watching the boys with Smokey Robinson, that man has still got IT. And the girls with Gladys, that was cool.

Too bad Fantasia couldn't make it, but she was probably performing last night on Broadway....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

OH, and I forgot to mention -- YEAH JORDIN!!!! And wasn't Blake just so awesome gracious? He seems like a real sweetie and a half.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, that was complete overload, IMO.

Congratulations to Jordin!

Post Thanks / Like

Default ReCap

To start, for me the show ran over almost 10 mins, I really wish they would fix that one way or the other so we don't have to adjust for taping. In fact my DVR missed Chris Daughtry's ENTIRE preformance the night before. I actually didn't even know what people were talking about the next day. Bummed I missed it.

Anyways-on with my recap of last night, usually in bed by 9 I actually stayed up and watched the whole thing.

Ok so to start, Blake and Jordin singing I Saw Her Standing There. Eh. It was ok. I thought Blake actually sounded better on that than he had on a couple of his songs the night before.

Gwen Stefani-Again? Really? What is it with her, I mean I know she's popular but that was really hokey and not that great, and what was she wearing??

Kelly Clarkston-Never Again. Wow, doesn't that hurt her voice? I much prefer the subdued, strong voiced Kelly from Idol gives Back than this hollering one. And whoever put those boots on her chunky legs should be shot. Nuf said.

Golden Idols-Way too long, drawn out, stupid. That yellow feather wearing chick alone took up all the time that Idol ran over. They need to ditch this segment next year.

Smokey Robinson and the guys-They looked good in white, sounded pretty good. Sanjaya managed to sing fairly well and blended in well. I had forgetting how good Chris Sligh's voice was. Did anyone else think Smokey looked like a woman? The too tight face, curly hair and earrings did it

Blake and Doug E Fresh-Well I didn't like it that much, but I give huge props for AI letting Blake show off the talent and do it with one of the best in the biz. I didn't really enjoy it that much but I appreciated the effort and I'm sure it was HUGE for Blake.

Gladys Knight and the girls-VERY nice, I thought Gladys looked and sounded great, more natural than Smokey. Lakisha and Melinda rocked on Midnight Train, very well done. My fave girl Gina's dress looked like a tent though and of course sexy legs Hayley got the short cute dress.

Tony Bennett-Glad he got to come back and sing, looked good, sounded pretty good. Nice addition to the show (see I can say something nice)

CeCe, BeBe and Melinda-Again Kudos for letting someone sing the music they wanted to sing with one of their own Idols. Melinda was wonderful. Although I am still peeved at BeBe for singing an over 3 1/2 minute version of the star spangled banner at last week's Nascar All Star Race. (Shutter)

Carrie Underwood-highlight of the show Ithink. Wonderful job on that song again, I was hoping she would sing it again. Hope she releases it as a single too. Classy girl and well deserved kudos from Clive Davis (even though that went on toooo long too.)

African Children's Choir-Very cute, nice job, even I can't say bad things about little children singing.

Sanjaya-Well I guess I should have expected that. It wasn't awful. I mean it really was, for that kind of great show, to stick that in there, AND to add in shots of crying girl again. Good Bye Sanjaya.

Green Day-Was ok, not a huge Green Day fan. I actually fast forwarded some of it, it seemed to go on a LONG time. Also heard it wasn't live. What a cop-out.

Taylor Hicks-actually pretty good I thought. I had almost forgotten about good old Taylor Hicks. Voice was good, reminded me why he had such a charming appeal last year.

Jordin and Ruben-Now while I thought this was pretty good (both voices good, nice arrangement and they looked good-although Ruben was HUGE, I thought he had lost weight?) Now here is my gripe. Melinda got to sing with her Idols, same with Blake basically and they stick Jordin with Ruben??? What gives?

Bette Midler-Oh man. Where do I START? First off I am a HUGE Bette fan. I mean huge. I have idolized her since "Beaches" days. But this was just all around AWFUL. She looked pretty bad, that outfit was terrible. That arrangement of Wind BMW was really bad. I mean just not good at all. I was cringing throughout the performance. I was blessedly glad when it was over.

The whole Sgt. Pepper's Medly I thought was good. I thought each Idol sang as well as could be expected with those arrangements. But by this time I was like-end it already, it was past my bedtime and dang it, where was Britney Spears??

Finally Jordin wins, which by this time was almost a let down Really though, I'm glad she won etc. I do think though that this was one of the most boring seasons of Idol and how many hours of tv did Ryan tell us we'll never get back??
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Gwen Stefani-Again? Really? What is it with her, I mean I know she's popular but that was really hokey and not that great, and what was she wearing??
    My thoughts exactly. I thought the first night of Gwen was more than enough. She's good, but ... I've seen her sufficient time for the next 10 years or so.

Kelly Clarkston-Never Again. Wow, doesn't that hurt her voice? I much prefer the subdued, strong voiced Kelly from Idol gives Back than this hollering one. And whoever put those boots on her chunky legs should be shot. Nuf said.
    Hmmmm ... I thought those boots looked outstanding on her.

Golden Idols-Way too long, drawn out, stupid. That yellow feather wearing chick alone took up all the time that Idol ran over. They need to ditch this segment next year.
    Ugh you said it. I kept looking that yellow feather wearing chick and thinking, "What does this woman DO in life??? Has she ever done anything productive??" Seriously ... giving air time to fools like that is the one thing I can't stand about this show. They need to give it a rest.

Smokey Robinson and the guys-They looked good in white, sounded pretty good. Sanjaya managed to sing fairly well and blended in well. I had forgetting how good Chris Sligh's voice was.
    I loved this segment and yes, Chris S. sounded really good. Kinda made you wonder why he didn't make it farther along.

Gladys Knight and the girls-VERY nice, I thought Gladys looked and sounded great, more natural than Smokey. Lakisha and Melinda rocked on Midnight Train, very well done. My fave girl Gina's dress looked like a tent though and of course sexy legs Hayley got the short cute dress.
    There were other people in this segment besides Hayley? Really ... I hadn't noticed ...

Tony Bennett-Glad he got to come back and sing, looked good, sounded pretty good. Nice addition to the show (see I can say something nice)
    I like Tony. He's got class. I was glad to see him back, too.

Sanjaya-Well I guess I should have expected that. It wasn't awful. I mean it really was, for that kind of great show, to stick that in there, AND to add in shots of crying girl again. Good Bye Sanjaya.
    .... 'nuff said ....

Bette Midler-Oh man. Where do I START? First off I am a HUGE Bette fan. I mean huge. I have idolized her since "Beaches" days. But this was just all around AWFUL. She looked pretty bad, that outfit was terrible. That arrangement of Wind BMW was really bad. I mean just not good at all. I was cringing throughout the performance. I was blessedly glad when it was over.
    Again ... .... This was BY FAR the worst performance of the night (okay, besides Sanjaya). I just kept hearing the words "Washed up ... washed up ... washed up ... " over and over again in my head. That song was good for about 10 minutes in 1989 ... it should now be put into a time capsule and not played again for 100 years or more. Have I mentioned ?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

JanetMegan, I don't know what's going on with Carrie's "I'll Stand By You" single. I KNOW it was released on iTunes because I remember reading that it actually charted high and was the first internet-only single to do so well. Yet when I just searched on iTunes for it, I couldn't find it. Odd.

I listened to about 5 notes of Bette and had to fast fwd. I love that song and I love Bette and I wanted to keep it that way, lol.

I thought the Sgt Pepper's medley was pretty good, all things considered. Although Kelly started to flub her lyrics but she recovered well Ruben singing Lucy in the Sky was indeed odd, but he did "aight" with it. I am a huge huge huge Beatles fan so I was just happy to see them get some love from AI. Sgt. Peppers is one album that never leaves my 6disc changer in my car.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: