Quantcast Survivor: Fiji - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Fiji

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woo Hoo!

Tonight tonight tonight! Survivor Starts tonight!!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That "have" camp was really something.

The previews for next week look pretty intense.

Was it just me or did the cast members seem (with two exceptions) to be getting along better then normal?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't get to know them enough to warm up to any of them yet. Some of them are truly obnoxious. And what is with all the nicknames? Are people intent on taking on new identities out there now? Very odd.

I do like the twist with having the two idols back at the camps instead of on Exile Island. Nice! But the have and have-nots? I'm not sure how that will play out. I'm surprised the Have-nots took it in stride.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

What an interesting start... one person backing out at the last moment. What a shame... they have alternatives.. if they would've just had the notice then someone who WANTED to play could've played... anyway...I know that if I had to go to this Exile Island with all those snakes,well,they'd be carrying me off that island - ick! I agree about the nicknames... are they thinking a new name will extend their 15 minutes of fame? I thought James (Rocky) and those two girls (Erica and Jessica I think) had an alliance?? If you check the website you'll see that all three voted for someone different... Mookie seemed to be the 'ringleader' in getting Jessica booted... with 6 votes total - if that's the case then he's a silent leader since he had no real airtime. I am shocked that they did not boot the 'easy' target of the 'old guy' like they usually do. I do think this will be a good season!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

It will be an interesting season I think, I think the motivation of all those snakes would make me do just about anything to keep myself off exhile island...hidden idol clues or not.

Post Thanks / Like

A good start. Not really crazy about the nicknames. Rocky, Dreamz, Boo, Mookie...

Yao-Man is great! Watching him open the crate made me laugh. He obviously won't be a serious contender physically but it will interesting to see how long he sticks around. I thought Sylvia was a goner after she took charge of building the camp. Interesting that she had to go to "Snake Island". Eek. She was OK with me until the "askew" conversation with Rocky. If he didn't know what "askew" meant, did she really think he would know "orthagonal"? Crooked, not straight, leaning...all would have worked.

The two camps are an interesting twist. Does ownership of the "good" camp change according to the challenges? I thought that was how this was going to play. Winners get the good camp.
    Christina - DVC member
    SOG, VWL, OKW, AKL, ASMu, PC, POFQ, CSR, POLY, POR, BWV,SSR, CR, CBR, AKV, BCV
    Next trip- Nov 28- Dec 6

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I liked the first episode ... although this season seems kinda soft? A house? A potty? A kitchen? Food? Fire?

Half the fun of this game is watching them struggle and learn to survive ... they sort of took that away with the Home Depot approach ...

Anyway, I kinda like the cast. They seem a lot more normal than some previous years. This group doesn't look like a bunch of people trying out for acting careers.

Although the nicknames are odd.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! I can't believe I missed it! I forgot it was starting last night - does anyone know if they'll be replaying it? They've occasionnally done that on Saturday nights in past seasons. Please, please!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the nickname thing!

It was a little much having all the Survivor's in one group to begin with, but my early favorites based on that were Yau Man, Earl and even James. I really expected to not like James. Gary seems like a sweetheart.

sleepingbooty, you can watch the episode on cbs.com.

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Yao Man is my fav!! He may look weak, but he is one smart man. Sometimes that is more important to survival than brute strength! I hope he stays on for quite awhile.

GO YAO MAN!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gary is a sweetheart to all who know him ...

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I hate the nickname thing!

It was a little much having all the Survivor's in one group to begin with, but my early favorites based on that were Yau Man, Earl and even James. I really expected to not like James. Gary seems like a sweetheart.

sleepingbooty, you can watch the episode on cbs.com.
    In a MN article he is one of the top 5 people to watch, and article also said that he is a too nice of a guy and is hard to vote off. Jeff Probst starts calling him the cool dad. He is my husbands coworker at the school bus company. He is a super nice guy!
    • 1. 1975 Disney World- offsite
    • 2. 1984 - Disney World offsite- Honeymoon
    • 3. 1991 Disney World and Disney Cruise- offsite
    • 4. Jan 07 - onsite Disney World- All Stars Movie Resort

Post Thanks / Like

For all those earlier posts on Boston Rob. I loved him. He played the game very well he was very quick, nimble and boy oh boy could he construct an awesome shelter. The "Godfather" perhaps. But hey...it's a game and he played VERY well not once but twice and got one HECK of a pretty prize the second time around.

I soooooo LOVE Yao Mon. I was dying laughing at all the "beefy boys" trying to break open that box. Oh heaven. They threw it on the rock...they threw the rock on it, they pushed it, pulled it then stood around and looked at it dumbly. I just died when Yao Mon took over and "tink tink" he tapped it on the cornor and it literally fell apart. That was so great.

I hope Rita hangs for a while. She's from San Antonio...It's a local "unwritten" law that you gotta support your "homie". But shhhh...Yao Mon's still my favorite

Right now there are a few I could do without. Dreamz and Erica (she dared to vote against my Yao Mon...she's on my hit list )

I'm quite annoyed at that one that jumped ship. There are so many of us who would LOVE a chance like that. I could understand if there was a family emergency or perhaps a job issue (but you wouldn't accept the deal if there was a job issue early on) but other than that....Shame on them. I'd rather be the first one voted off than to chicken out or walk off.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

pretty dull? what a difference a season makes
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have names down yet, but I like the guy that they sent to Exile Island this episode. He seems like a good guy and he reminds me of Jesse L Martin.

I hate that one side has that plush camp while the others have nothing. How could they be going for 6 days without a good source of water? How can they hope to beat that other team now? I don't like how it tilts the game so far in the other team's favor. In general I like the group in the bad camp better, but maybe that is my tendancy to root for the underdog. I do think they should have kept Erika and voted out the bossy architect. How quickly they forgot that she saved their buns with her pineapple discovery.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    I don't have names down yet, but I like the guy that they sent to Exile Island this episode. He seems like a good guy and he reminds me of Jesse L Martin.
    That's Earl. I like him too!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a dedicated Survivor watcher, and I loved last season-thought it was one of the best ever. The jury is still out on this season, but I'll stick with it and hope for the best.

I lke Earl as well; he seems pretty level-headed and someone to keep an eye on. I didn't care for Rocky during the first episode, but he kind of grew on me in the second.

It always amazes me that people keep making the same mistakes on Survivor that have gotten others booted off. One example is Sylivia, the architect, who was bossing everyone around and treating people with an uppity attitude. I know she survived this week, but she's irritated enough people so she's on the very short list to be kicked off soon. Erica, who was booted this week, irritated some of her tribe members with her yelling at the challenge. Those people who call attention to themsleves in ways that grate on other people's nerves tend to get the boot. I guess it's hard to change who you are in that type of situation. I don't know if I could do it.

Here's to what I hope will be a great season.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had a chance to watch. What is your perception of Rita? I'm not sure if they have shown much of her yet. As I said before, I love her brother Nick from Project Runway, so I hope she's as great as him. I think she is competitive since she trains a lot of pageant people from TX and CA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    What is your perception of Rita?
    Shari, you want to know my honest perception? I don't even know who she is. She apparently doesn't stand out to me.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was thinking, she hasn't been shown much, b/c no one has said anything about her. I will probably keep reading here, I keep missing the show! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

They showed a lot of Rita in the first show. I like her. She was the one they were going to vote off before they went with Jessica instead. Long dark hair, in great shape.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: