Quantcast He Didn't Like Stay in Cindy's Castle - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away."
    -- Elvis Presley

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
    -- George Orwell, 1945

"We do not know what is being done in our name. Worse, we do not ask."
    -- Ben Ehrenreich, writing on Camp X-Ray (Guantanamo Bay prison)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    i have 2 words for this CLUELESS LOSER!! and they are you <snip> !! i dont want to spell it out , but you know what i mean. me and my dw would kill to get this to happen to us on our upcoming trip in June, it seems like this clueless reporter just plain hates WDW, he also talks about the money that the AP put out, it's not like it came out of his pocket, articles like this are the exact reason why i don't read newspapers

Victor
    I don't think he hates WDW. He was just angry that he wasn't allowed to enjoy it the way he liked. Not everyone wants to do Character Dinners/Breakfasts and watch the parades and stuff (I have a guidebook from 1998 where my 8 year old sister scrawled next to the description of the parades "BEST TIME TO DO RIDES!!!!" The magic of WDW is it offers so many different things for so many different people, to be forced to do activities you don't want to do goes against that. Also, if Disney does start charging money for the Cinderella Suite after the Year of a Million Dreams is over, the critiques in his review would be things I want to know before forking over my hard earned money to stay there (do people complain about how people just must hate WDW when people point out that the experience at Cinderella's Royal Table might not be worth all the hassle and money on these boards?). Yes he was trying a bit too hard to be cool with his prose, but I think this review is more valuable than someone who is blind to the negatives.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A degree in Humor

One's choice in sense of humor is a completely different site/blog. Thank you, moderator!

Regardless, I want to track down this guy and beg to sniff his shoe that touched the ground of Cindi's castle! The pictures posted on Intercot have been wonderful and to hear an account of being chosen (no matter what style it was written in) is priceless!

I agree with a few of the other sentimentals on here- I welled up with tears reading this with that faint hope that someday that could be me (oh wait, no kids, awwwwww...)
    I'm deaf in my right ear and may go completely deaf someday and if my Fairy Godmother came up to me and said "would you like you're hearing back or a night in the castle" I would reply "I've gotten along just fine with one ear this long-call up Cindi cause I'm comin to dinner!"
    May be I need a professional evaluation over a night in the castle?

Seriously, I hope an pray for all the devotees online that somehow this luxury become available to the many "Disney freaks" that so rightly deserve it!
    Last edited by BellewanaB; 03-22-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: forgot spell check!
    07-08 Prem Annual Pass-logged 27 days!
    06 Off Prop- Renaissance
    06 PC
    06 Off Prop-DTD
    05 Off Prop- DTD
    05 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    04 WL
    03 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    02 College Program
    99 ASM
    96 Off Property-Magic Music Days
    94 POR (Dixiel Landings forever)

Post Thanks / Like

This is the prize I want. IF we go we will probably get a box of cracker jax. What was that all about??
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

=mobettah;1231647 "We do not know what is being done in our name. Worse, we do not ask."
    -- Ben Ehrenreich, writing on Camp X-Ray (Guantanamo Bay prison)"
    The Left's hatred of America rears its ugly head yet again. Want to explain how your quote is in any way analogous to a night's stay in the Cinderella's Castle Suite?

Moderators... sieze him for having 0% Disney content in his message!

Post Thanks / Like

How silly for anyone to be discussing politics..
    If anything this side-discussion shows our country is way too politicized in some things it shouldn't be. It's a story about someone staying at Cinderella's castle, for goodness sakes! :P
    I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess the AP person who decided to send this guy thought to send someone that could be under the 'if he enjoys it, anyone would' catagory, but I don't think this is necessarily a good place for that.
    I think Disney set this exclusive up as more of a VIP expereince than a princess experience, persay, but I guess it's whatever you get out of it. I'm sure going with 2 and 5 year old girls, though, didn't help the matter for him :P
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

[
    And I agree with some of the other posters...unless you are a family with little girls that are into the princess thing, this is not that big a prize. I certainly would not give up body parts for it, as someone described.
    Bring on the DVC contract!![/QUOTE]

well i'm sorry but i disagree here, you don't have to be a family with little girls to enjoy this, it's all about staying in the castle! we all stop and stare as soon as we walk onto main st usa and admire that castle, it's the center piece which is the Magic Kingdom! Then the AP should have sent someone else down who has some kind of knwledge of what the MK is all about, take me for instance: I can't stand rap music, and if i worked for a the AP and they sent to review a rap concert, i would destroy it in my article no matter what, that's the point that i tried to make on my post about this clueless reporter, you don't send someone like that there, he probably went down, with an attitude towards the whole thing. my kid is all grown up now , and this will be mine and dw 2nd trip without our daughter and you know what, it's not just for kids to enjoy.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    Then the AP should have sent someone else down who has some kind of knwledge of what the MK is all about, take me for instance: I can't stand rap music, and if i worked for a the AP and they sent to review a rap concert, i would destroy it in my article no matter what
    Goldfrapp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority here but I didn't find his article that offensive. I have lots of friends who are not Disneyphiles like me, and the writer's take was not all that negative (IMHO, at least) and his comments were typical for someone who's not "into" Disney. In all, I found him a lot less jaded than the authors of the Unofficial Guide.
    I whole-heartedly agree with you. It's hard to quantify how "magical" it was. He was from the AP so I guess he was supposed to give an objective opinion of everything. He said some nice things, but also gave a description of it that was similar to the way the Unofficial Guide does. He looked it as a hotel and vacation and we look at it as a magical experience.
    90- CR/Poly
    92- off-site
    93- Poly
    94- CBR
    96- CR
    99- CR
    01- off-site
    02- off-site
    03- off-site
    03- CR/Poly
    04- CR/Poly
    06- Poly
    17- Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Question

What about the family that was with him? How did they feel about staying there and everything else they received? Did they hate it also?
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL