I just got done making my ADR for lunch at BB and the CM taking the ADR gave me an interesting tip.

He said that with water-side seating at the BB, since they get so many requests to sit by the water, what they typically do is give the first 12 people to make a reservation for certain time slots first shot at a water-side seat. I originally wanted to make the ADR for later in the afternoon (around 1) but he suggested I take an open 11:30 time slot because only 2 people had made an ADR for that time, and that would ensure that I get a water-side table without even having to ask for one. He said all the other relevant time slots had more than 12 people, and as a result I would be waiting anywhere between 1-3 hours for a water-side table.

My question is, has anyone heard of the water-side tables being given out like this before? I had never heard of it, but REALLY appreciated the CM telling me and giving me the suggestion (which I took! Eating early is a small price to pay for a water-side table).

If it is true, which I guess I will find out for myself in 1 month, then it is a nice little bit of info to know when making an ADR for BB huh!?