WELCOME!

Stacey and Matt's Most Magical Anniversary Trip - Day One

Pre Trip Report
http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=131596

April 29th

Woke up after a terrible night’s sleep. I think we ended up going to bed at 11:30 in Chicago at our hotel and due to my MIL’s snoring… never slept. The alarm went off at 3:30 a.m and at that point I had maybe got 30 minute sleep. I’m not kidding. I laid there all night just trying to block the sound out. My iPod couldn’t even do the trick. I felt very sick about an hour before our wake up time and ended up crying because I didn’t feel good and I just wanted to sleep. DH had a tough time sleeping too since I was so restless and we ended up giggling most of the night. Laughing at the way my MIL and FIL snored.

The in laws drove us to the airport which was about 15 minutes away from our Super 8 Motel. Not a great place to stay but it was a bed to sleep, er, not sleep on.
I had already checked in online so all we had to do was check our luggage. That went great as well. I still did not feel well but as soon as we went through security we hit McDonalds so I could get a side order of eggs. Mmmm… I was really looking forward to eating Disney food at that point.

The flight went great! Southwest was wonderful. I really was hoping that I wasn’t getting sick at that point. I mean… I was on my way to DISNEYWORLD! Who wants to be sick there?

DME was easy as well. No lines at all! Super quick. We waited about 15 minutes to get a DME bus. People from AKL and CSR also boarded with us 2 Pop Century families. We were originally told that AKL and CSR would be dropped off before us but when we saw the bus head toward a “Pop” sign we got really excited knowing that we didn’t have to wait any longer to get into our room.

No wait at check in as well. It was about 12:00 p.m. at that point. Once we got into our room (80’s section, pool view) we basically changed into shorts and headed for MK.

So far the Pop busses have been great with only one exception. 2 of each bus came through while we waited for Epcot for almost 20 minutes. Strange…

MK was wonderful. We got there and Matt wanted to hit Pirates first… so, we did. The wait said 20 minutes so we decided to ride. The wait ended up being about 5-10 minutes. No joke! Sadly, the waterfall effect was not working and that was Matt’s favorite part! I then promised him that we would do it again on another day so he could see Davy Jones. Then, we grabbed our first Disney CS meal at Columbia Harbor House. So good! We got one fish basket with fries and split it along with a bottle of water. I was impressed with how much fish was actually inside of the breading. Nice! 

Haunted Mansion wait time was 30 minutes but looked like it was moving so we entered. The wait was about 10 minutes. Haha. Looks like they want to make people think that the lines are much longer than they really are! We loved the updates to HM. The staircase room was AMAZING! I won’t say more since many of your probably haven’t seen it yet. There wasn’t anything that I can say that I missed the old way. It looks wonderful!

We walked over to Tomorrowland and rode Space Mountain since the wait said only 30 minutes. HA! Try 15 minutes. In line we were entertained by two high school girls hitting on some guy from Ireland. Haha. Guess you just had to be there.

Buzz was waiting for us because we only waited about 5 minutes total to see him!! I hit 100,000 right away! I don’t even know how! I was so happy. For the rest of the attraction I only got about 8000, though. Haha. DH did well without getting a 100,000 pointer. I still say that he beat me all around since I think my score was out of pure luck.

Left MK after that to head back to Pop to see if our luggage got to our rooms. Luckily, it was so we freshened up a bit and then headed for Epcot to then walk all over to Beach Club for dinner. That’s when we had the bus issue with one not coming until the last minute. By the time we got off of the bus we had to HAUL to even make it. We made it about 10 minutes before our reservation time but our feet really hurt and we ended up paying for it. Our heels were in such pain that night. Loved dinner at Cape May Café (as always). We walked the beach and I grabbed Matt’s hand to lie next to each other on a few lounge chairs. We talked about how someday we want to live in Orlando and be a part of the magic. It’s just the place for us.

Epcot was nice but it was very busy as I assumed it would be judging by the fact that it was a Tuesday. We just roamed around the World Showcase and went on the new Mexico attraction that we skipped on our honeymoon. It was different. That’s all I can say. While the updates seem to be bright and new… the Three Caballeros thing is just odd and doesn’t fit. I don’t understand the purpose to that at all.
DH and I decided to head back to our resort and get unpacked and ready for Wednesday. Getting there and watching all of the people in the pool made us want to join in on the fun. So, we did! At about 9:30 p.m. The pool was so warm and we loved being inside of it even though it was barely 80 outside. Got out after about a half hour and dried off then went to Everything Pop and got some chips. We crashed in our room at about 11:00 p.m. and I began to type this very trip report. Tomorrow shall be a great day because its DHS day!
We are going to preview Toy Story Mania for the promo videos! SO EXCITED! I’ll let you know how it goes later!

Until next time…

Link to DAY ONE pictures
http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...il%2029th/