Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
It's bad how far away this team really is. It's not a tweak here and a tweak there. They need a major overhaul and I have absolutely zero confidence that Reid can engineer it.
Agreed there.
This team has a long way to go.

Defense – I think they could use a few more playmakers. Dawkins is aging and needs to be replaced. And I am not sold on the LBs yet. And definetly on the D-line.
But overall, the defense is solid. They are on the field way too much and to see your offense stink that bad, it has to be demoralizing.

Offense – Many holes. Need a TE, FB, a true #1 WR to compliment Jackson and Curtis. You can’t run Reid’s offense with players that lack the talent to execute. The O-line is aging and your’e not sure what to expect out of Andrews. They could use a backup RB, maybe a guy good enough to split carries with the smallish and injury-prone Westbrook.
And I think McNabb is done. Give Kolb a chance. If Kolb flops , start over at QB too.

Overall, I think this team is several years from being capable of competing in a tough, tough NFC East.