I love WDW more than any other place to vacation; but have they priced themselves out (too high) for those of us who want luxury at a reasonable price?

Sure disney is offering some great vacation options if you want to stay at a Value Resort or travel during times when kids are in school, but what if you want to stay at a Moderate or Delux or travel when the school calendar permits?

When comparing, today, the cost of 7 nights at the cheapest Disney Delux ( e.g Wilderness Lodge, Woods View) versus what they are now offering at 4 star, Universal's Royal Pacifc Resort, it would cost me $1,200 more to stay at Disney! Plus at the Royal Pacific you get free breakfast and afternoon drinks by staying on the club floor.

WL Cost - $2,829 for a basic room
RPC - $1,625 for a club room

I could not belive this and instantly called my travel agent, cancelled disney and booked the Royal Pacific. Even with a rental car I still save more than $800 for the week.

Honestly I am shocked and amazed how Universal can do this but WDW has not begun to offer deals on their moderate and Delux properties. Having stayed at other Universal Properties before, they are just as amazing as a Disney Delux. Sure you have to drive to the parks, but is that worth $1,200 for the week? (actually factoring the money I will now save on breakfast this turns out to be more than $1,600in savings for a family of 4 for the week)

Maybe WDW still has more demand than supply. I just feel if they do not do something sooner than later to respond to changes in people's spending habits, by reducing their prices or offfering more deals, more folks like me will stay elsewhere.