I liked Lockedoutlogic's response, especially the reference to the "total quality management" model for the 80's and 90's. Where is my time machine?

I know that I will get some negative responses to what I am about to say, but I will preface it with the fact that I am excited to take my family back to WDW each and every time (and so are they!!)...in fact, we are going for this weekend (heading over tomorrow)...OK, here's my perspective:

I realize that Walt had a vision of an ever-changing resort and park experience. He also didn't want his creations to be anything similar to the dirty carnivals that existed in his era and which still exist today. BUT...the WDW and EPCOT of twenty and thirty years ago has its common threads and yet there are clear distinctions to product and service in the present day. Note that I am excluding Studios and AK from this discussion, because of their relatively new dates of creation.

I remember the very special way that CM's treated my parents, grandparents, and myself in the mid 70's. Everything was new and it was a learning process for the company in every sense of the word. Fast forward to the 80's....MK has a decade under its belt and EPCOT is an exciting look into the future. I know that so many on here remember attractions like Horizons and although it was a somewhat simple production, it was a must-see for me every time I came to the park. Literally...every time...I was a CM at the Centorium back in '88. They would let us take our breaks in the park back then (not sure if this is still the case). I would often spend my lunches walking around Future World, answering questions and helping guests and riding Horizons. To me, it embodied the Imagineering nucleus of Disney...and I loved it. The 90's saw some of the WDW that I know and love slip away and now, with this "streamlining"....I don't know what to think. I started another thread in accommodations about how FL residents don't get breaks on weekends for resorts anymore and stroller prices are nutty. I know that this economy is horrible and I hope that we all bounce back in 2009. I work in medical marketing now and I am glad to be working, period...I just want the Disney experience that I knew to come back into focus and I want my kids' Disney experiences to get better and not worse. I can't tell you how many times we have been to MK. We have been to Universal once...the kids, my wife and me do not like either park. There is a quality about them that is just 180 degrees from the Disney quality experience and THAT, my friends is what it is all about!