Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
Going back to the original post, GM paid Disney $35 million over 10 years in 1982? In a press release I read online, Automotive News claims GM is paying Disney $5 million a year. So, if it still is a 10 year deal, I assume $50 million is being paid to Disney, not $10 million that we been tossing around. That is a lot of money.
they paid 3.5 per year for 10 years...35 million from 82-91.....world of motion was razed in 91 and i assume the test track concept....or whatever ambitious project idea that devolved into test track....was negotiated between GM and Disney at that time...

I can only assume that Disney promised GM the greatest amusement park ride in history....one so famous and historic that it ranked above the Coney Island Cyclone, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Beast...
And GM assumed that would lead to such joy for GM that they would be able to sell Geos and Saturns to thrilled riders off a "show dump" carlot behind the odyssey....undoubtedly driving up World Drive to check in to their $400 a night 1971 constructed room at the Contemporary....

But anyway....the second sponsorship deal probably was for about 5 mil a year in operation expenses and probably a portion of the ride development costs....in exchange for disney buying 10+ million in trucks and vans over 10 years....

If their deal expires in 2009 or 2010---that's probably about right...as i'm sure they were negotiated through about the first 10 years of test track....

So disney is probably sitting on one side of the table asking for 10 million for 10 years....

And GM is sitting on the otherside (flanked by two congressman, a rep from the Federal OBM, a Treasury rep, an SEC rep, and a FBI agent) asking: "How on earth can we do that now?"