DH and I just got back yesterday from an amazing trip to The World. It was my first time ever going and he hadn't been since he was 6 so it was pretty much his first time too. We had filed for divorce in March and our divorce would have been final tomorrow but we decided we had everything we wanted and needed in each other, we just needed to work on US. So we planned a trip alone without the kids to WDW. We booked through Magical Journeys and were really happy with Kathy. She was amazing. We stayed at Pop Century since we are a bit tight on money lately. We didn't spend more than 2 hours a night in the room anyway so it was a good choice for us. We flew out of Milwaukee on July 25 and arrived in Orlando at 10:30 am. We were so excited stepping onto the Magical Express bus!! I took 20 pictures just on the bus!! We got to our hotel and checked in. Then we were off to Magic Kingdom! Let me just say that this was something I had dreamed of ALL MY LIFE and walking up to Cinderella's castle for the first time brought tears to my eye. I had made an itinerary because of all the things I've learned on Intercot and let me say, I'm so glad I did. It was peak season at WDW but we did not wait more than 25 minutes in line for any ride we rode, and we rode them all!!! We got FP for Space Mountain first thing then we headed to The Barnstormer. My DH isn't a thrill junkie like me so I had to start him off slow. After barnstormer we headed to It's a Small World and rode the Mad Tea Party and Dumbo on the way. I know that everyone talks about how obnoxious Its a Small World is but I loved it. Again, I had tears in my eyes. This happened many times on this trip! We had ADR's at The Plaza restaurant and after we went on Haunted Mansion we went to eat. It was good food, I had the Cheesesteak and DH had ..... hmmmm...I forgot but they were both good. Nothing special but it was decent. We got the Dining Plan and are really glad we did. However next time I think we will do the Deluxe Dining plan because we used up our snacks so quickly buying water and soda since it was SOOOOOO hot and humid! After dinner we headed over to Space Mountain and we both loved it!! DH is usually not in to roller coasters but promised me he's ride them all at least once, and he did!! After that we headed over to Splash Mountain and also rode Big Thunder Mt. Railroad. We had gotten FP for Splash earlier in the evening. Magic Kingdom is magical but even more so at night. The way the street lamps glow and the music plays just took my breath away. We rode The Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean since they had virtually no wait. It was almost 1am by this time and we had been up since 3:30 that morning so we were exhausted. We headed back to POP and fell asleep with anticipation for our day at Animal Kingdom the next day.....
To be continued.............