Just saw the topic below about ABD but thought it would be better to start my own thread.

My wife and I are looking to plan a trip to Italy in 2011 (late 2011) or early 2012. Being a Disney person through and through, my first thoughts have been a DCL Med. cruise or ABD. I know what I've read on the ABD website, but wanted to get some personal opionions.

-First, we are somewhat adventurous travelers and don't tend to like the stereotyped "tour group" type traveling. I know that ABD is a group (40-50 people), but does it have that sort of sterotyped American-tourist group travel feeling? We want a unique traveling experience vs. cookie cutter.

-Second, we are a young couple (28) w/ no kids. I know that ABD has an Adult only itinerary, so that is an option. At the same time, we've been on Disney cruises so don't mind the family atmosphere. Thoughts from a kidless couples perspective?

-Third, value. I know they are a bit pricey (the prices on the website say double-occupancy, does that mean that the rate listed ($3,000 for example) covers 2 people, or is that per person?) but what is the value for what you get vs. planning a non-group trip and winging it on meals and the like.

-Fourth, just general opinions. What do you guys think of ABD vs other options (cruise, planning trip on our own or a non-group trip through a non-disney travel agent, etc.)?

Thanks for your help!!

--Doug--