Christine hit the nail on the head. For those on wheels, it's SO CONVENIENT. Just roll right on. Even for normal folks, you are almost guaranteed a SEAT. I can only remember standing on the monorail 2 or 3 times. Buses on the other hand, I stand on almost every night.

Also, as John mentioned- AIR CONDITIONING. Those boats get so stinkin' hot sometimes!
Haven't ridden the ferry in a long time, but we were not pleased with the resort launch when we stayed at WL last summer. It did not hold nearly enough people and we ended up waiting almost an hour in the middle of a day. We took the buses the rest of our stay. Wished we had a monorail to hop on. ,

Lastly, you have the MAGIC factor. No boat or bus ride can ever beat the magical feel of gliding along on the monorail. When I'm staying at a "monorail" resort, I expect to use that mode of transportation 100% of the time for MK and Epcot.

By the way.... I haven't even listened to the episode yet. We are saving up a few to listen to on our drive down at the end of August.