I am going to do our full reports later but just wanted to put our room and dining reviews in tonight...

We checked into the Wilderness Lodge around 3pm in the afternoon December 17th. I had done the online check in a few days before. When the castmember assisting us got to the room assignment, he looked at his computer then at us and shook his head. He got on the phone for a moment and then said, I am sorry but I see that you booked a standard room with two queen sized beds but you were given a room with one queen and bunk beds. There were three of us staying in the room and we are all pooh sized so I told the castmember this would obviously not work. He said, I didn't think so either so I called my supervisor who said we are 100% booked and there is nothing we can do. Next to us was a very excited young woman who had been upgraded from All Star Movies to a standard two queen bed room at the WL. I told him I booked in February and should be given my room choice before they give it to someone receiving an upgrade. The castmember disappeared into the back for about 20 minutes and returned with good news, we would receive a two queen size bed room and were receiving an upgrade to woods view. We would have to wait an hour or so for them to clean it for us.

Our room #6026 actually was a water/woods view with a nice view of the MK fireworks each night. It was nice and comfortable and although my son and mother thought it was a bit on the small side for a Deluxe it was more than big enough for our needs. Before we headed out for dinner at DTD I put some bottled water, juice and milk in our refrigerator and decided to leave a wake up call for the next morning only to discover our phone did not work. I reported this to the front desk and when we returned the phone was in working order. When I went to get some water out, I discovered our refrigerator did not work. We called the front desk and they sent a repairman out. He checked the unit and declared that indeed it was broke. About 30 minutes later we received a new refrigerator that worked great. While we were waiting my son went to turn the TV on and yep, the remote did not work. I refused to call the front desk again and changed the batteries out of a pack I brought from home and the remote worked fine. We noticed that we were having trouble with the lock on our door. It would stick when trying to unlock it. About midway through our stay our mousekeeper discovered our door wasn't closing all the way and anyone could just push it to open it. Luckily, we didn't have anything stolen. A repairman came one morning and fixed the door for us.

I will say that after the first few glitches we had no more problems and although we had issues the staff was nice and quick to fix everything. In my opinion, the WL is due for some refurbing which would take care of a lot of equipment breakdowns. Management should do a better job with room assignments and keep the customers satisfied. If you pay for something that's what you should receive.

We had a lovely mousekeeper named Priscilla that kept our room clean and well stocked every day. She also discovered and reported the problem with the door. All the restaurant, bell hop, gift shop and hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The lobby and grounds were beautiful. We had the best luck with transportation. The only bus we waited more than 5 minutes for was the one going to the Animal Kingdom and I think we waited about 20 minutes for it. Although we shared with the Grand Floridian and Ft. Wilderness, we never missed a park opening. I would stay at the resort again even with the problems we had.