A long time ago, in a galaxy called "Washington, DC," I managed a Starbucks store that was very high volume - over 1000 transactions in a 14-hour day.

As some of you have maybe experienced, Starbucks does not run well when it's churning out Frappuccino after Frappuccino. My weekday customers flew in and out of the store and on the weekends - when it was mostly tourists - things ground to a halt. Thus, I anticipate very long lines and long waits. Though perhaps nothing different than at any other quick-service type place in the parks.

As for the coffee, it certainly is not for everyone. The "burnt" taste people complain about is a result of Starbucks sourcing very high quality beans that quite simply reach their peak flavor at a darker roasting point. Just like with, say Guinness, it's an acquired taste.

For even those who hate it, however, I can't imagine it being worse than the awful, sour, stale-tasting, weak stuff everywhere else on property.

Now all that said, I HATE the idea of bringing a big brand like Starbucks into Disney...I see Starbucks and I'm reminded of the outside world, which I seek to escape in the parks.