Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
I planned our trip before the opening dates for Carsland, Buena VIsta, and the Matterhorn were announced. Now we are excited and a little concerned to be arriving on 6/16 and touring the parks 6/17 - 21.
The site and app that predict crowd levels say that DCA is going to be a 9 out or 10 and that DL is going to be a 4 throughout our stay. Any thoughts from DL veterans?
We plan to do DCA on 6/18 (my bday) and 6/20, and then mop up anything we missed on 6/21.
Im hoping to be at the park about 40 mins before rope drop on those AMs, and sprint to Carsland. Here are my questions for the DL veterans:
1) will the rest of DCA be packed, or will the throngs just focus on Carsland?
2) will the reopening of the Matterhorn make DL crowded? or just that attraction?
3) the experts have DL at only a 4 on Father's Day... I would think that would be a huge attendance day. That's our first day in the parks - is it going to be a madhouse?
Thanks for any input - 51 days and counting !
We are planning on going on the 18th as well. The weekend will be insane at CL. LAUSD gets out of school on the 19thl, that is why I chose the 18th. Don't know about Orange County schools. It will still be jammed on the 18th.

I don't think it will be such a big event with the re-opening of the Matterhorn. They will now have single rider lines for that and the loading/unloading is supposed to be faster/easier. No more seatbelts, they will have pull down lap bars. They will have only one to a seat, no more tandem seating. That attraction is usually busy but the line moves fairly fast.