Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
No. None of have been replaced (see my post above). Whatever fridge is in any room would be one that had been fairly recently replaced, that they had deemed "safe." It's also possible it was overlooked. Fridges are still in every room on property. They've just been unplugged with a sign put on them explaining why they aren't to be used. I suppose one other possibility is a guest removed the sign and plugged it back in and housekeeping missed that.

...and I'll echo the above. My oldest daughter has a few friends that work at WDW in various capacities ...and they told her yesterday that the old "fridges" have, so far, only been unplugged ...and a sign placed upon them indicating that they are not working. (I would hope the signs would also warn the guests to not plug them in?)

....I've already picked out a cooler to bring (from one of many I have) that will fit nicely in the back of my wife's mini-van. I did a 'test-fit' to see which would be the best .....and which I could pack stuff into during our drive. It's got wheels and a handle ....so it'll be easy to get to the room from the car. It's sort of like having an 'insulated suitcase'.