To celebrate our upcoming 20th anniversary, we booked a Disney land & sea trip through Magical Journeys (thanks Wendy!). Our 2 sons, Justin & Mark, came on the trip with Sharon & I.

We arrived at Detroit Metro Airport at about 8am on Friday, August 1, 2014. We had breakfast at McDonalds in the terminal. Everything was on time and we landed at Orlando International Airport at about 1pm. We got our bags from baggage claim and picked up our rental car from Alamo. It was a quick trip to the Walt Disney World Resort via SR-417.

We checked in at Coronado Springs Resort around 2pm. Online check-in helped us avoid the huge line at check-in. Sharon & I got buttons for our anniversary and Mark got a button for his birthday. They gave Justin a button for celebrating so he wouldn't feel left out.

We had requested a room in Cabanas and we were given a room in Cabanas 8B, room #8511. It was a first floor room with a view of Lago Dorado. We grabbed lunch in Pepper Market before heading to our room.

Overall the Magic Bands worked great but one of my complaints is it was a pain to use to open the gates at the resort. I often had to take it off to get the gate to open. I don't understand why they can detect you on a ride for ride photos but can't detect you in your car to open a gate.

After relaxing for a little while, we headed to dinner at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. It's a mess there. Parking is easy at the west end but you have to walk to opposite end to get to Marketplace. Dinner at Raglan Road was very good and we enjoyed the Irish dancing & singing.

After dinner we spent time shopping at World of Disney, Once Upon a Toy, and some of the other shops.

At about 7:30pm we headed to the Beach Club for an 8pm ADR at Beaches & Cream to celebrate Marks birthday with a Kitchen Sink. We did our best but didn't quite finish it.

We headed back to Coronado Springs after our attempt to finish off the Kitchen Sink. The boys watched some TV while Sharon & I took a walk around the resort. We turned in summertime around 11pm.