So my DH and I went to Disney for a few days and the Universal/IoA for one. We found a HUGE difference in the treatment of guests from Disney to Universal parks.

For starters - I had a wallet - small wristlet that I brought on Rockin Rollercoaster, ToT and every Disney ride with no problem. In Universal, I brought it onto Escape from Gringotts (I had on a previous trip brought it and held during ride with strap around wrist with no issue). I was told my team member as she checked the harness on the ride that it was too big and must go in a pocket. I didn't have big enough pockets but I tried to put it in my short pocket and she said, "it has to go actually IN a pocket. Are you with him?" and pointed to my hubby next to me. So I handed it to my DH and he put it in his pocket. I don't mind putting it in a locker or wherever necessary but I found the treatment from team members to guests very snippy and quick. Not just to me - but guests in general.

Getting on the Dragon Game rollercoaster was like trying to get onto Air Force One. We entered the line to team members literally yelling "EVERYTHING goes in a locker. Phones, wallets, pockets COMPLETELY empty. If you don't, you'll be turned away and loose your spot in line." Now this was just at the entrance. Then we walk further up to metal detectors. I had a bracelet so I then got flagged like you would at an airport. It was very intense for a ride no different than Alpengeist in Busch Gardens. I wondered if there had been a previous incident on this ride that has caused them to create such an intense queue experience with metal detectors and all? It's the only reason I could think for the team members to be acting like that... It was bizarre.

The general atmosphere was just so different than Disney. I enjoyed the Harry Potter World/Diagon Alley experience but will stick with just Disney parks next time.